INTERNATIONAL & LAW NEWS
- How Political Correctness Led to Pastor Jones: News, Switzerland. Kern, William // Moderate Voice;9/14/2010, p6
A web posting is presented which criticizes the decision of Germany's central bank, Bundesbank, to remove author Thilo Sarrazin from its board of directors following his comments on Germany's immigration policies.
- MUSLIM MIGRATION TO GERMANY: A RESPONSE TO THILO SARRAZIN'S DEUTSCHLAND SCHAFFT SICH AB. Solibakke, Karl Ivan // Chloe: Beihefte zum Daphnis;2013, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p219
Thilo Sarrazin's bestselling diatribe against the Muslim population in Germany, Germany is Doing Away With Itself (2010), has generated opprobrium from the political elite and a mass following among the population at large. Basing his arguments on demographic trans-formations substantiating...
- TRIBUNAL APPEAL HIGHLIGHTS EQUAL PAY. // People Management;4/17/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p14
Reports that media analyst Louise Barton's victory in her equal pay and sex discrimination appeal has highlighted the need for employers to comply with the equal pay questionnaire laws. Warning given by the Equal Opportunities Commission.
- The Scandal Behind the Sarrazin Scandal. Theil, Stefan // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);9/13/2010 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 156 Issue 11, p5
The article reviews the book "Germany Abolishes Itself," by Thilo Sarrazin.
- MORE POTENTIAL HR TRAPS. Miller, D. Allen // Commercial Law Bulletin;May/Jun2002, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p24
Discusses developments in commercial law that pose as potential traps for the human resource department in the United States. Standards regarding sexual harassment in the workplace in the United States; Employee pay standards; Continuation of health care benefits for employees and family...
- The Mailbag. DiLorenzo, Louis P. // HR Specialist: New York Employment Law;May2012, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to employment law in New York on topics regarding the errors on an employee's I-9 form, the liability of employers in an alleged harassment in an annual off-site company party, and the Fair Labor Standards Act on employees who clock in early.
- The Mailbag. Hyman, Jon // HR Specialist: Ohio Employment Law;Dec2012, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to employment law in Ohio including the confidentiality risks associated with sick-day details, whether an employee is entitled for pay raise after military leave, and ways for establishing sexual harassment defense.
- The Mailbag. Fox, Michael W. // HR Specialist: Texas Employment Law;Apr2012, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to employment laws in Texas including the management of an error on an I-9 form of an employee, whether to investigate an alleged harassment after an off-site party, and whether to pay employees who time-in early but starts work at their...
- In the Know... // Office Manager Today;Aug2014, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on an annual Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) survey which found compensation as the number one contributor to employees' job satisfaction, and the plaintiff's attorney in the case Gilster v. Primebank who claimed she had also been sexually harassed at law school.