The Audit Commission mulls staff buy-out
- Foster is to leave audit Commission. Merrick, Neil // Public Finance;2/7/2003, p6
Reports on the resignation plan of Andrew Foster as controller of the Audit Commission in Great Britain. Reason for resignation; Career highlights; Contribution of Foster in improving the leadership in the organization.
- IT'S ABOUT MORE THAN MONEY. Ivory, Mark // Community Care;1/8/2004, Issue 1504, p24
Profiles James Strachan, head of the Audit Commission of Great Britain. Career in investment banking; His term of office at the Royal National Institute for Deaf People; Views on public sector regulation.
- STREET-FIGHTING STATESMAN. Phillips, Lucy // Public Finance;Jul2011, Issue 7, p24
The article focuses on the mark made by local government secretary Eric Pickles on councils in Great Britain. It notes that Pickles has been criticized by his announcement on the abolition of the Audit Commission and cut in councils' budgets by 26% as well as his failure to meet pledges to bring...
- Recipe for success. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;10/13/2006, p22
The article presents an interview with Michael O'Higgins, the new Chairman of the Audit Commission of Great Britain in 2006. It includes background information on O'Higgins and his career in government, as well as his views on his role as Audit Commission Chairman and financial management in...
- Smooth operator. Russell, Vivienne // Public Finance;11/5/2004, p28
Profiles Frances Done, managing director for local government of the Audit Commission in Great Britain. Interest in local government; Positions held by Done prior to her joining the Audit Commission; Role in developing the commission's Comprehensive Performance Assessment 2005 methodology;...
- Audit Commission finds new chair. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;7/28/2006, p11
The article reports that Great Britain's Audit Commission appointed as its new chair senior private sector consultant Michael O'Higgins. He will assume the post on October 1, 2006, which had been vacant for some time after the abrupt departure of James Strachan. O'Higgins is a managing partner...
- Gamekeeper turned watchdog. Day, Karen // Public Finance;2/25/2005, p24
Profiles Andy McKeon, the British Audit Commission's Managing Director for Health. Education; Career highlights; State of the health service from 1997 to 2004.
- Crunch-time for councils. // Public Finance;11/21/97, p8
Provides information on the British Audit Commissions report `Retiring Nature.' Content of the report; Statistical information on trends of retirement; Reasons for early retirement.
- Commission rules out PFI consultancy role. // Public Finance;01/31/97, p7
Presents the Audit Commission's decision to rule out any consultancy role of their auditors in private finance initiative deals by publishing a new guidance for them in Great Britain. Debate between the commission and the treasury-sponsored Private Finance Panel; Affirmation of the commission's...