Diversity Based on Race, Ethnicity, and Sex Between Academic Orthopaedic Surgery and Other Specialties
- Summary of: Changes in the gender and ethnic balance of the United Kingdom orthodontic workforce. Collins, J. M.; Hunt, N. P.; Moles, D. R.; Galloway, J.; Cunningham, S. J. // British Dental Journal;9/27/2008, Vol. 205 Issue 6, p326
Objective To describe the gender and ethnic trends of the United Kingdom orthodontic workforce.Design and setting A cross-sectional survey using a postal questionnaire to specialist orthodontic practitioners in the United Kingdom (2006-2007).Subjects All those on the Specialist List in...
- Gender and Diversity in Organizations: Past, Present, and Future Directions. Murrell, Audrey J.; James, Erika Hayes // Sex Roles;Sep2001, Vol. 45 Issue 5/6, p243
Reviews the key issues that have been studied by researchers focused on gender and diversity in organizations. Ways in which the nature of organizations have changed; Implications of these changes; Strategies for enhancing career opportunities.
- Corporate Governance and Gender Diversity in Nigerian Boardrooms. Lincoln, A.; Adedoyin, O. // World Academy of Science, Engineering & Technology;2012, Issue 71, p1853
In recent times, corporations are increasingly under pressure to ensure diversity within their boardrooms and a large number of academic research have reported findings consistent with the view that boards perform better when they include a diverse range of people. Women have unique...
- Konzerne messen ihre Vielfalt. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;1/25/2013, Issue 4, p0052
The article discusses diversity management in major German corporations, which includes gender equality, women in executive positions, and the possible needs of older employees, based on a survey by Ernst & Young.
- To Succeed in Tech, Women Need More Visibility. Correll, Shelley; Mackenzie, Lori // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;9/13/2016, p2
The article discusses gender issues in the workplace, particularly how to effectively attract and retain female employees and leaders in the technology sector, including ensuring that women are having the right visibility within the organization.
- Bring out the feminine side in men. // Human Resources (09648380);Feb2010, p50
Information about a roundtable event hosted by Cisco Systems Inc. in London, England is presented. The event focused on the working styles of males and females, gender discrimination in the workplace, and gender equality. It mentions that the event featured several keynote speakers including...
- Understanding Privilege. Peterson, Eric C. // Profiles in Diversity Journal;May/Jun2009, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p38
The author relates his experiences in work as a gay white man and as a manager. He acknowledges that his sexual orientation works against him at work. Meanwhile, he shares his view about promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace by sharing knowledge and teaching people with privilege...
- Men mull the matter of gender in the workplace. PECCI, ALEXANDRA // New Hampshire Business Review;6/27/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 13, p1
The article presents information on the proceedings of the New England Women's Leadership Institute's annual summit that was held in June 2014. It is mentioned that an all-male executive leadership panel discussion raised issues related to gender in the workplace, as well as ways that men and...
- Engaging Men in Gender Initiatives: Stacking the Deck for Success. // Profiles in Diversity Journal;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p10
The article focuses on the report released by Catalyst Forum entitled "Engaging Men in Gender Initiatives: Stacking the Deck for Success." It examines diversity and inclusion (D&I) practices for elements that discourage male participation. It states that through a survey of men in leadership...