Reliability and Validity of Radiographic Measurements in Hindfoot Varus and Valgus
- Measuring Acetabular Component Position on Lateral Radiographs. Pulos, Nicholas; Tiberi III, John V.; Schmalzried, Thomas P. // Bulletin of the NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases;2011, Vol. 69 Issue S1, pS84
The standard method for the evaluation of arthritis and postoperative assessment of arthroplasty treatment is observation and measurement from plain films, using the film edge for orientation. A more recent employment of an anatomical landmark, the ischial tuberosity, has come into use as...
- A Randomized Controlled Trial of a Passive Accessory Joint Mobilization on Acute Ankle Inversion Sprains. Green, Toni // Physical Therapy;Apr2001, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p984
Presents a study which investigated whether the anteroposterior (AP) joint mobilization on the talus increased the pain-free dorsiflexion on acute ankle inversion sprains. Information on ankle inversion sprains; Conduction of a randomized controlled trial to compare the effect of the AP glide...
- RELIABILITY OF VIDEO-BASED QUANTIFICATION OF THE KNEE- AND HIP ANGLE AT FOOT STRIKE DURING RUNNING. Damsted, Camma; Oestergaard Nielsen, Rasmus; Larsen, Lars Henrik // International Journal of Sports Physical Therapy;Apr2015, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p147
Introduction: In clinical practice, joint kinematics during running are primarily quantified by two-dimensional (2D) video recordings and motion-analysis software. The applicability of this approach depends on the clinicians' ability to quantify kinematics in a reliable manner. The reliability...
- RELIABILISM LEVELED. Vogel, Jonathan // Journal of Philosophy;Nov2000, Vol. 97 Issue 11, p602
Distinguishes two versions of reliabilism, namely, neighborhood reliabilism and counterfactual reliabilism. Different forms of reliabilism about knowledge; Principal motivation for adopting reliabilism; Importance of the idea that truth is the ultimate epistemic norm; Rationale for giving up...
- WRITE ON INTEGRITY. Kim, Leah // Creative Kids;Spring2013, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p6
The article presents the author's views on integrity which is defined as doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
- THE TRUST TEST. // O, The Oprah Magazine;Mar2009, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p168
A quiz concerning the trust and reliability of a person is presented.
- Are You Too Dependent on Your Friends? Jung, Helin // Cosmopolitan;Apr2013, Vol. 254 Issue 4, p224
A quiz concerning the dependency of one on their friends is presented.
- ON THE FAR REACHING EFFECTS OF USING BIASED ESTIMATES OF SCORE RELIABILITY: AN EXAMINATION.... Becker, Gilbert // Psychological Reports;Oct2001, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p291
Focuses on the far reaching effects of biased estimates for score reliability. Role of violations of the assumption of essential equivalence in producing overestimates; Effects of correlated errors among measurement; Lack of understanding on the ubiquity of circumstances.
- Evaluating online nutrition information. Filipic, Martha // High Plains Journal;6/10/2013, Vol. 131 Issue 23, p16B
The article presents an answer to a question related to availability and reliability of nutritional products online.