Reliability and Validity of Radiographic Measurements in Hindfoot Varus and Valgus
- Measuring Acetabular Component Position on Lateral Radiographs. Pulos, Nicholas; Tiberi III, John V.; Schmalzried, Thomas P. // Bulletin of the NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases;2011, Vol. 69 Issue S1, pS84
The standard method for the evaluation of arthritis and postoperative assessment of arthroplasty treatment is observation and measurement from plain films, using the film edge for orientation. A more recent employment of an anatomical landmark, the ischial tuberosity, has come into use as...
- A Randomized Controlled Trial of a Passive Accessory Joint Mobilization on Acute Ankle Inversion Sprains. Green, Toni // Physical Therapy;Apr2001, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p984
Presents a study which investigated whether the anteroposterior (AP) joint mobilization on the talus increased the pain-free dorsiflexion on acute ankle inversion sprains. Information on ankle inversion sprains; Conduction of a randomized controlled trial to compare the effect of the AP glide...
- RELIABILITY OF VIDEO-BASED QUANTIFICATION OF THE KNEE- AND HIP ANGLE AT FOOT STRIKE DURING RUNNING. Damsted, Camma; Oestergaard Nielsen, Rasmus; Larsen, Lars Henrik // International Journal of Sports Physical Therapy;Apr2015, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p147
Introduction: In clinical practice, joint kinematics during running are primarily quantified by two-dimensional (2D) video recordings and motion-analysis software. The applicability of this approach depends on the clinicians' ability to quantify kinematics in a reliable manner. The reliability...
- RELIABILISM LEVELED. Vogel, Jonathan // Journal of Philosophy;Nov2000, Vol. 97 Issue 11, p602
Distinguishes two versions of reliabilism, namely, neighborhood reliabilism and counterfactual reliabilism. Different forms of reliabilism about knowledge; Principal motivation for adopting reliabilism; Importance of the idea that truth is the ultimate epistemic norm; Rationale for giving up...
- WRITE ON INTEGRITY. Kim, Leah // Creative Kids;Spring2013, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p6
The article presents the author's views on integrity which is defined as doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
- Flow Tests Reinforce Reliable Hydrant Service. PARSONS, FRANK // Opflow Online;Jun2015, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p16
The article states about the periodic flow testing to ensure the reliability of fire hydrants which includes finding out if the hydrant is operable, operating the hydrant slowly to minimize the possibility of damage, and considering the direction of the flow of water.
- THE TRUST TEST. // O, The Oprah Magazine;Mar2009, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p168
A quiz concerning the trust and reliability of a person is presented.
- Are You Too Dependent on Your Friends? Jung, Helin // Cosmopolitan;Apr2013, Vol. 254 Issue 4, p224
A quiz concerning the dependency of one on their friends is presented.
- ON THE FAR REACHING EFFECTS OF USING BIASED ESTIMATES OF SCORE RELIABILITY: AN EXAMINATION.... Becker, Gilbert // Psychological Reports;Oct2001, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p291
Focuses on the far reaching effects of biased estimates for score reliability. Role of violations of the assumption of essential equivalence in producing overestimates; Effects of correlated errors among measurement; Lack of understanding on the ubiquity of circumstances.