- U.S. Launches New Program. // World Trade: WT100;Jul2011, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p16
The article reports on the launch of SelectUSA, an initiative created by the U.S. government to encourage foreign firms to operate in the country, in July 2011.
- Are Foreign Firms Shying Away From Africa? // World Trade;Oct2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p18
Reports on the decline in foreign direct investment in Africa in 2000. Factors which contributed to the decline in investment; Destinations for foreign direct investments.
- From the editor. O'Flahertie, Susan // Asian Business Review;Aug96, p10
Comments on the prospects for foreign business in China and Australia. Deng Xiaoping's role in initiating market reforms in China; China's attempt to separate economic reforms from politics; Views of Professor Fred Hilmer and colleague Mark Hirst about the future of business in Australia.
- Foreign Investment in Texas. Weatherford, Clay; Cooke, Alex; Beard, Karen // Texas Business Review;Dec2000, p1
Provides an overview on foreign investments in the state of Texas. United States Bureau of Economic Analysis' definition of a foreign-owned company; Barriers to identifying foreign corporations operating Texas; Factors that attract foreign investors to the state; Reasons by foreign companies...
- There is work in Mexico. Moore, Michael A. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/24/95, Vol. 234 Issue 16, p12
Reports that some seasoned American and international firms are taking advantage of favorable conditions and exchange rates in Mexico. Construction projects; German, British and Japanese firms' pursuit of petrochemical and infrastructure projects; Population as the driving force.
- China: The last true business frontier. Johnson, Mike // Management Review;Mar96, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p39
Focuses on the nature of the Chinese business market and on the factors foreign businesses need to consider if they wish to conduct business in China. Need for foreign businesses to have a long-term perspective on their Chinese operations; Regulatory environment in China; Problems and...
- Trading with China: The reality. Wurster, William H. // Directors & Boards;Winter2000, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p21
Presents advice on how a foreign company can set up its business in China. Index of importance that a company should possess before establishing its presence in China; Recruitment of employees through a government manpower organization; Importance of knowing the customer and the market. INSET:...
- Leaping into the recovery. Teutenberg, Penny // NZ Business;Apr95, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p12
Discusses Asian investments in New Zealand. Investments in local businesses; Implications of the government's deregulated hands-off approach to Asian businesses; Large scale property purchases by migrant businesspeople; Asia 2000 Foundation's business program which aims to foster ties between...
- CYPRUS SEEKS NEW OFFSHORE ROLE. Martin, Josh // Middle East;Sep2000, Issue 304, p18
Focuses on the bid by Cyprus to become the main offshore base for investment funds targeting the Middle East. Legislation allowing international mutual funds to draw on several benefits if they base themselves in Cyprus; Bankers' reaction to the plan to expand the offshore financial sector.