LNT down 20% in 3Q
- Despite record auto sales, industry cuts jobs. Miel, Rhoda // Automotive News;11/19/2001, Vol. 76 Issue 5958, p22I
Reports developments of the automotive industry in the United States as of November 2001. Increase in sales record in October; Dismissal of employees despite positive sales record; Effect of the September 11, 2001 US terrorist attacks on car manufacturers.
- Retailers get first-hand look at devastation. Lillo, Andrea // Home Textiles Today;9/17/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on the effects of the terrorist attacks to the textile industry in New York, New York. Suspension of several business operations; Death of TJX Co. employees aboard American Airlines Flight 11; Claims of Anita Iodice, president of The Company Store on the tragedy.
- Happy to be here. // Furniture/Today;9/2/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p26
Shares the author's gratitude to individuals she encountered in 2001. Significance of the September 11, 2001 events in New York to the business of buying and selling fabric.
- Atlantic City Contractors Feel Effects Of Sept. 11. TURPIN, JOANNA R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;1/1/2002 Supplement, Vol. 215 Issue 1, p16
No abstract available.
- It's time for sales warriors to stand be counted. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business Journal (Central New York);10/05/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 40, p3
Deals with the impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S. on the sales sector. Tips on selling.
- Middle Eastern eatery starves for business. Fickenscher, Lisa // Crain's New York Business;9/9/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p3
Focuses on the condition of Tanoreen restaurant after the September 11 terrorist attacks in new York. Decline of catering business; Reduction of sales; Percentage of drop in sales.
- Hotel Brokers: From Sales to Consultants. Cain, Sandi // Orange County Business Journal;1/7/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p3
Reports the move of hotel brokers on their declining sales performance in Orange County, California. Impact of the September 11 terrorist attacks on the hotels; Expectation for the number of loan defaults in the market; Failure of the deals made by Chandler Hotel Group.
- A Slower Slowdown. Simmons, Kenna // Georgia Trend;Apr2002, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p69
Focuses on the economic conditions of East Central Georgia. Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the U.S.; Impact of cutbacks at the Savannah River in the 1990s; Departure of the textile companies to Mexico.
- Retail sales plummet in wake of attacks. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;10/22/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p20
Reports the effects of the September 2001 terrorist attack on retail sales in the United States. Amount of sales decrease; Decline in automobile sales; Identification of retail markets producing gains despite the crisis.