- Edukacija u funkciji stvaranja i oblikovanja lidera u Bosni i Hercegovini. Cikotić, Selmo // Godisnjak Faculteta Politickih Nauka Sarajevo;2010/2011, Vol. 5/6, p256
In this contribution the author discuss the concept of leadership using a interdisciplinary theoretical framework. The author believes that when trying to institutionalize and spread out a certain value or process in a society and its everyday practices, the best way to go about it is to...
- Ideology, Purpose, Core Values and Leadership: How they influence the Vision of an Organization? Anwar, Jamil; Hasnu, SAF // International Journal of Learning & Development;2013, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p168
This paper explores the dimensions of Ideology, Purpose, Core values and Leadership in the context of creating a clear and compelling vision of an organization. It also explains how these factors influence the vision of an organization. It is argued that ideology defines the character of an...
- The false politics of values. Wright, Robert // Time International (South Pacific Edition);9/09/96, Issue 37, p36
Looks at the increased attention on values in politics in the United States in 1996. Politicians' desire to go on record as pro-morality; Democrats and Republicans as highlighting their differences on the values front in election year 1996; Large contradiction facing conservative moralists; The...
- Social and Professional Status and Political Values in Russia, Germany, and the United States. Khavenson, T. E.; Migol', E. V. // Russian Education & Society;Oct2012, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p71
A comparison of political values in Russia, Germany, and the United States shows that while there are similarities, Russian respondents are much more in favor of government providing for people's needs than is the case in Germany and the United States. In all three countries, values vary from...
- Values and Political Theory: A Modest Defense of a Qualified Cognitivism. Moon, J. Donald // Journal of Politics;Nov77, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p877
Argues the importance of value judgment to political theory. Relationship between values and political theory; Problem with value noncognitivism; Description of a cognitive approach to values; Discussion on normative and empirical theory.
- Can peace be copied? // Christian Science Monitor;4/15/98, Vol. 90 Issue 97, p20
Contends that world leaders have an obligation to call for ends to historic conflicts. How the United States and Europe have been able to overcome disparity in their pasts to promote peace; Why the peace agreement in Northern Ireland signed in April of 1998 is so important; How elements of that...
- Does changing mayors matter? Wolman, Harold; Strate, John // Journal of Politics;Feb96, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p201
Examines the effect of changing leadership at the urban level on public policy in the United States. Research; Findings; Summary and conclusion.
- Triumph of Their Will. // Progressive;Oct84, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p10
Focuses on the consolidation of the leadership role of the Far Right in the U.S. Right-wing crusade of Barry Goldwater; Regard for ideology.
- Toward a political theory of leadership. Ammeter, Anthony P.; Douglas, Ceasar; Gardner, William L.; Hochwarter, Wayne A.; Ferris, Gerald R. // Leadership Quarterly;Dec2002, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p751
Leadership has been an active area of scientific investigation for over half a century, with scholars developing different perspectives on antecedents, processes, and outcomes. Conspicuous in its absence has been a conceptualization of leadership from a political perspective, despite appeals for...