Cranberry tablets cost-effective for UTI prevention
- Cranberry: Science backs folk remedy for urinary infections. // Environmental Nutrition;Jun99, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p8
Presents clinical evidence on the effectiveness of cranberries as a remedy for urinary tract infections. Prevention of the adherence of bacteria from the urinary tract lining; Dosage recommendations to aid antibiotic treatment.
- Does cranberry juice really help a bladder infection? // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Jun1994, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the effectiveness of cranberry juice for treating urinary tract infections. Effect to the infection-causing levels of bacteria; Findings of Harvard University researchers; Usual treatment for urinary tract infections.
- Cranberries for UTIs. Gabbay, Simone // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Apr2002, Issue 234, p22
Examines the effectiveness of cranberries in the prevention and treatment of urinary tract infections in the U.S. Mechanism and substance responsible for the berry's medicinal effects; Chemical compounds in cranberries; Amount of phenol concentrations found in cranberries.
- Cranberry therapy. // Discover;Aug94, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p13
Reports on the use of cranberry juice to help prevent urinary tract infections. Trials on elderly women at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts; Decrease in cases of infection; Interference by unidentified ingredient on bacterial pili; Possible application in antibiotic therapy.
- STOP recurrent bladder infections with CRANBERRY. // Better Nutrition;Jun2007, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p12
The article focuses on the effectiveness of cranberry extract for patients with urinary tract infection (UTI) in the U.S. It was cited that UTI can cause burning sensation with urination and it is more common in women, infants and elderly. In a study, 12 women with recurrent UTI were given 400...
- Cranberries for Preventing Urinary Tract Infections. Saeterdal, Ingvil; Underland, Vigdis; Nilsen, Elin Stromme // Alternative Therapies in Health & Medicine;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p9
As part of its efforts to disseminate the results of Cochrane reviews to a wider audience, the Cochrane Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) Field develops Summary of Findings (SoF) tables and then uses those tables as a basis for its plainlanguage summaries. Each SoF table presents the...
- Cheering for Cranberries. Palmer, Paul R. // Access;Mar2001, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the research on cranberry juice at the Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts. Effectiveness of the juice in reducing urinary tract bacteria; Prevention of bacteria from attaching to the urinary tract walls; Promotion of healthy gums; Impact of cranberry concentrate tablets...
- What's the use of cranberry juice? Harkins, Keith J. // Age & Ageing;Jan2000, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p9
Examines the efficacy of cranberry juice in the prevention and treatment of urinary tract infections (UTI). Side effects of antibiotics as a treatment for UTI; Non-urinary uses of cranberry juice; Potential problems with the juice.
- Dems Da Berries? Cranberries or Antibiotics to Prevent UTIs. Greenield, Rusell H. // Alternative Medicine Alert;Sep2011, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p101
Cranberry (vaccinium macrocarpon) juice and extracts have long been promoted as effective interventions against recurrent urinary tract infections (rUTIs). The researchers behind this study sought to compare the use of a standardized cranberry extract in capsule form and antibiotic therapy as...