Holiday Fair AHRC
- Vote for Issue 4. // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/16/95, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p10
Opinion. Calls voters to vote yes on Issue 4, a 3.0 mill replacement levy placed on the November 1995 ballot by the Cuyahoga County Board of Mental Retardation and Development in Ohio.
- Clubs offered use of agency Speaker's Bureau. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/12/94 - 12/19/94, Vol. 6 Issue 16, p2
Reports that Community Service Clubs are being offered the use of Orange County Association for the Help of Retarded Citizen's Speaker's Bureau. Bureau topics.
- Edgewood's Horsefeathers Center is Changing Lives. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);3/15/2012, Vol. 115 Issue 11, p3B
The article offers information on the Horsefeathers Center in Edgewood, Texas, which helps children and adults with physical and mental disabilities.
- Nassau AHRC salutes Mental Retardation Awareness Week. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/09/98, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p18
Features non-profit community-based developmental disability services provider Association for the Help of Retarded Children & Adults (AHRC), Nassau, New York chapter. AHRC as a source of personnel and subcontracting services for businesses, source of volunteer support for the not-for-profit...
- AHRC honorees. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/24/97, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p49
Features the honorees of Association for the Help of Retarded Children and Adults (AHRCD), Suffolk, New York chapter.
- Intellectual disability. Mittler, Peter // World Health;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p18
Focuses on the need to develop programs and services designed to consider the needs of people with intellectual disabilities. Emphasis on stimulating learning and development in mentally handicapped children; Access to rehabilitation programs provided for mental patients; Development of...
- Golden anniversary for Nassau AHRC. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/04/96, Vol. 43 Issue 45, p14PA
Profiles the Nassau County, New York State chapter of the Association for the Help of Retarded Children (AHRC). Programs; Establishment of the Nassau County AHRC Foundation in 1994.
- AHRC plans Gold Coast Art Show. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/9/96, Vol. 43 Issue 37, p51
Reports on the Association for the Help of Retarded Children & Adults of Nassau County, New York's first annual Gold Cost Art Show on September 27-29, 1996 at its Brookville headquarters. Presentation of local artists' art works.
- Ministry to persons with mental disability brings challenge, grace. Schwarz, Robert // National Catholic Reporter;08/15/97, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p10
Looks at the work of Patrick Cullen, Charles Aho and Jim Dahn, three priests in the United States, in providing Catholic ministry to persons with mental disabilities. Two reasons why most priests avoid working with those who have mental disabilities; Description of the three men's work; Strains...