Building better brakes
- Kelsey made hickory wheels for Model T. // Automotive News;4/24/1996 Special Issue Almanac, Vol. 70 Issue 5655, p99
Reports on the automotive company VarityKelsey-Hayes which was started in 1909 from a merger between Kelsey Wheel and Hayes Wheel Company, Jackson, Michigan. Commodities in which this company deals; When Kelsey-Hayes began developing electronic control products; Year in which Kelsey-Hayes was...
- Internal strife spurred execs to leave Varity Kelsey, court documents say. Sherefkin, Robert // Automotive News;5/5/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5711, p8
Reports on the resignations of ten top executives at VarityKelsey-Hayes in 1996. Problems with the merger between Lucas Industries Corp. and the firm's parent company Varity Corp.; Changes in the company's mentality on how to run its business.
- VarityKelsey-Hayes to supply ABS to Navistar. Kisiel, Ralph // Automotive News;7/8/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5668, p6
Reports on VarityKelsey-Hayes' deal with Navistar International Transportation Corp.
- Flexibility, high speeds and other considerations. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Dec97, Vol. 109 Issue 12, p66
Looks at the manufacturing setup of the company VarityKelsey-Hayes. Advantage of the company's stand-alone setup on its machining centers; Difference between the cellular approach and transfer line approach to high volume production; Attention of the company to the detail required by the...
- Merger led to exodus, ex-Kelsey-Hayes execs say. Sherefkin, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;05/05/97, Vol. 13 Issue 18, p3
States that as a result of the merger of Varity Corporation with Lucas Industries P.L.C, ten former executives of Varity Kelsey-Hayes Corporation have resigned. Statements by the executives; How the resignations affected Lucas Varity.
- Supply line. Sedgwick, David; Kisiel, Ralph // Automotive News;3/18/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5650, p34
Presents news briefs which are related to the automobile industry and trade. Braking systems maker Kelsey-Hayes' name change to VarityKelsey-Hayes; Delphi Saginaw Steering Systems and Dongfeng Motor Corporation's joint venture to produce rack and pinion gears for Chinese built vehicles;...
- Keep your coolant in circulation. Zelinski, Peter // Modern Machine Shop;May98, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p96
Focuses on the recycling of a used coolant. Information on the services offered by Fluid Recycling Services; Details on the shop's coolant replacement cost; Information on the VarityKelsey-Hayes facility, a user of recycled fluids; Details on the decontamination process; Other advantage to...