Going places & getting things done: Think operating systems
- News monitor. // Process Heating;Sep96, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p9
Presents news reports related to process engineering, recent to September 1, 1996. Includes the holding of the annual Heat Processing Conference on October 9-10 at the Arlington Park Hilton in Chicago, Illinois; Upgrading of the System 24301 heat processing equipment by Kelsey-Hayes Canada;...
- Fastening strategy considerations. Lamb, Dean W. // Appliance Manufacturer;Aug96, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p25
Focuses on avoiding fastener-related product failures. Inherent shortcomings; Torque-related measuring methods; Improvement of accuracy; Dynamic testing of application. INSET: Torque-tension plot..
- World of design. Whitward, Lane // Design Engineering;May95, p10
Presents developments concerning the manufacturing design industry as of May 1995. Includes a three-shot molding process from Sifram; Epoxy-polyester powder coating process from Croda; ERA Technology's tutorial to examine the issue of risk assessment in safe design; British government's...
- Work cells: Factory of the future. Watson, Bibi // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager: Office Edition;Oct96, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p5
Describes the concept of work cell manufacturing. Remmele Engineering's application of the manufacturing system; Cell design and life; Building the team; Creating direct lines of communication from the customer to the employees; Overcoming employees' resistance to the concept; Points to...
- Organizational development shouldn't mean organizational devastation. Knight, Fred S. // Business Communications Review;Nov93, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p6
Editorial. Comments on mergers and acquisitions involving companies in computer networking and telecommunications. Trend toward reduced staff sizes; Popularity of process reengineering.
- Software house names its price. // Works Management;Jul1997, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p6
Reports the fixed-price implementation of the MTMS manufacturing system of LK Global. Consideration of hardware and software as low-risk commodities.
- Synchronize your manufacturing system. Fraser, Julie // Automatic I.D. News;Jun96, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p18
Discusses the business concept called manufacturing synchronization or the simultaneous coordination and timing of all production activities to match customer demand. Coordination of overall production and availability of all resources contributing to each other; Optimized utilization of people,...
- FROM THE WEB. // Process & Control Engineering (PACE);Oct2009, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p4
The article presents issues related to the process and control engineering industry in Australia.
- Industry thrust areas of TEAM. Herrin, Golden E. // Modern Machine Shop;Dec96, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p146
Discusses the thrust areas for the Technologies Enabling Agile Manufacturing (TEAM) program. Product Design & Enterprise Concurrency; Virtual Manufacturing; Manufacturing Planning & Control; Intelligent Closed-Loop Processing; Integration; Contact information.