Everything but the press
- Fabricating, forming and stamping equipment. // Modern Machine Shop;Aug98, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p530
Presents information on several fabricating, forming and stamping equipment. Features of the CO2 laser cutting systems from Strippit Incorporated; Ideal applications for JetMachining Center from Omax Corporation; Target market of the TC 2000R punch press from Trumpf Incorporated.
- Electronic transfer feed system. // Appliance Manufacturer;Dec94, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p133
Discusses the Electronic Transfer Feed System (ETFS) developed to meet the demand for greater flexibility in transferring a wide variety of stampings. Specific features and their particular benefits; Properties of electronic tri-axis transfer feeds.
- A monster machine makes its mark. Cohen, Warren // U.S. News & World Report;7/15/96, Vol. 121 Issue 3, p86
Examines Verson's cutting-edge metal press for automobile manufacturing, a so-called A press. The largest machine tool ever built in America; Allied Products Corp., Verson's parent company; Information on the press, including weight, production ability in comparison to older presses, and time...
- Progressive die shapes precision stampings. // Machine Design;8/24/95, Vol. 67 Issue 15, p40
Focuses on Oberg Industries' use of a progressive die that stamps intricate parts with the precision of much costlier methods. Process description; Applications.
- 33-ton hydraulic-ram turret press with variable-speed punching control. // Modern Machine Shop;Sep93, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p218
Introduces the Model 345 Vipros turret press from U.S. Amada Ltd. Features; Variable-stroking abilities; Capabilities; Applications.
- KEEPING UP WITH Auxiliaries. // Plastics Technology;Jan2002, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p20
Presents technologies in the plastics industry in the United States. Capability of hot stamper from United Silicone; Advantages of vacuum chambers and vacuum loaders for powders and dusty regrind from Novatec Inc.; Efficiency of rotary heat-staking system from Plastic Assembly Systems.
- Stamping System Eliminates Secondary Operations--Ebway Corp., Booth B-6024. // Modern Machine Shop;Aug2008, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p344
The article reviews the Gripflow stamping system from Ebway Corp.
- Lawn tractors use airbags. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Mar1998, Vol. 110 Issue 3, p63
Reports on the use of airbags at John Deere's Law & Garden tractor stamping facility as part of a quick-die change and positioning systems. Description of how the system works.
- Small Coopersville company gets the nod from Honda. DALY, PETE // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/19/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p13
The article talks of SelfLube, a small scale company in Coopersville, Michigan, that manufactures components for metal stamping dies and molds. The company has recently become an approved vendor for the Japanese automobile giant, Honda, and are very proud to have been chosen.