Sluggish supply chains=feeble financial performance
- Womack made `lean' a battle cry. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;4/27/1998, Vol. 71 Issue 5763, p8N-X
Presents information pertaining to the development of the automobile industry in the United States, while indicating that James Womack, co-author of the book `The Machine That Changed the World' warned the industry that the Japanese had better manufacturing techniques. Comments from Womack;...
- NEW IDEAS FROM EUROPE'S AUTOMAKERS. Taylor, Alex // Fortune;12/12/1994, Vol. 130 Issue 12, p159
Looks at what European car makers are doing in their attempts to catch up with car makers in the United States and Japan. Profits of European car makers through October 1994; Comment on restructuring of the European automobile industry; The book `The Machine that Changed the World'; Impact of...
- The machine (& applied academic research) that changed the world. Ettlie, John E. // Automotive Production;Aug96, Vol. 108 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on the author's view regarding applied research projects on the automotive industry in the United States. Impact of `The Machine that Changed the World' book; Advantages of knowing preliminary reports of studies; Findings in preliminary reports.
- Krafcik's back: Many projects, scads of ideas. Stein, Jason // Automotive News;4/14/2014, Vol. 88 Issue 6616, p8
The article profiles John Krafcik, a 52-year-old former executive at automobile manufacturers Ford and Hyundai, including his view on car connectivity and autonomy, his involvement in the 1990 book "The Machine That Changed the World" and driving a Porsche 911 automobile.
- The Machine That Changed the World (Book). Barth, Joseph // Library Journal;10/1/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 16, p100
Reviews the book "The Machine That Changed the World," by James Womack and others.
- Changing the world, or being changed by it? Brooke, Robert // Foundry Management & Technology;Apr2007, Vol. 135 Issue 4, p3
The article recommends the 2007 edition of the book "The Machine That Changed the World." The first edition in 1990 explained the problems and opportunities of the global automobile industry. The 2007 edition outlines the different business cultures that has emerged as a global automobile...
- `Factory of the Future' is History. Winter, Drew // Ward's Auto World;Nov99, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p62
Discusses some of the technologies that can be integrated in the automobile assembly line of automakers in the United States. Information on the book `The Machine that Changed the World'; Production method proposed by General Motors Corp.; Suggested manufacturing methods for automobiles.
- MATERIAL HANDLING AND PROCESS IMPROVEMENT USING LEAN MANUFACTURING PRINCIPLES. Acharyaa, Tushar K. // International Journal of Industrial Engineering;2011, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p357
Global competition has prompted companies to compete on the basis of Quality, Flexibility, Cost and Timely Deliveries. Lean manufacturing appears to hold considerable promise to address these competitive demands. Lean manufacturing was initiated within automotive industry, with the publication...
- Lean Project Management - It's All About Value. Lloyd, Gary // PM World Journal;Oct2013, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p1
The article reviews the book " The Machine That Changed the World," by Dan Jones, Daniel Roos and James Womack.