Designing robust business practices
- Work rated. Davies, Jim // Design Week;4/3/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p14
Discusses how a designer's creative output is affected when a project has to work within a restricted budget. Mat Cook's cover for the magazine 'Big Issue'; Navy Blue's design for furniture manufacturer Knoll.
- A balancing act that keeps the design industry healthy. Relph-Knight, Lynda // Design Week;4/10/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p4
Comments on the events affecting the design industry and industrial designers in Great Britain. Charles Trevail's defense of the global network; Development of a health creative community; Contributions of Peter Saville to the design industry; Customer satisfaction of clients.
- DIARY. Booth, Hannah // Design Week;4/10/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p12
Reports on events related to the industrial design industry in Great Britain as of April 2003. Recognition of Tuffin Ferraby & Taylor as the Best Pub of the Week previous to April 10, 2003; Design of the hotel suites of K West hotel; Industrial design exhibition presented by David Design in...
- Ain't Broke. Caplan, Ralph // Print;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on the professional lives of industrial designers. Importance of selectivity in design; Details on mass distraction in media; Examples of mass destruction.
- Lofty ideas. Cowan, Liz // Northern Ontario Business;Jan2012, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p10
The article focuses on the need for Northern Ontario to develop a design culture, in which designers add beauty and useability to products that person want, as well as learn to build the concept of design into their disciplines.
- DESIGNS ON INDUSTRY. Meall, Lesley // Accountancy;Jul1987, Vol. 100 Issue 1127, p66
Focuses on the prototype designs of industrial designers in Great Britain. Kieron Crawley's portable compact disc player; Damina Evans' Roll-Up Typewriter; Russel Mulchansingh's designs including the step-in-system ski-boot, water filter/cooler unit and fruit squeezer.
- Detroit Design Center. Kaffer, Nancy // Crain's Detroit Business;8/30/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p14
The article reports on the efforts of design professionals and educators to make Detroit, Michigan as an important center of designing.
- And nothing but the truth. Lowe, Colum // Design Week;4/3/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p10
Focuses on the Design Council's Design Led Business 24/7 project. Efforts to deliver the Design Council's mission of getting design into, and higher up the agenda of British manufacturing; Dialogue between the participating designers and manufacturers.
- NEWS. // Design Week;9/18/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p5
Reports on developments relevant to industrial design in Great Britain as of September 18, 2003. Revamp of the graphics design of British Broadcasting Corp.'s 'News 24' television news program; Shortlist of groups bidding to refresh the Museum of London's brand; Implications on industrial design.
- NEWS. // Design Week;9/18/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p7
Reports on developments relevant to industrial design in Great Britain as of September 18, 2003. Design by Whippet of a corporate identity for the relaunched Energy Institute; Appointment of Edwin Bradford as art director of Digit; Implications on industrial design.