- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;2/18/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31574, p36
Presents legislative status report of the journal 'The Bond Buyer' as of February 18, 2003. Legislation on U.S. President George W. Bush's economic stimulus plan; Details of Municipal Debt Refinancing Act of 2003; Features of Housing Bond and Credit Modernization and Fairness Act of 2003.
- How Congress makes laws. // World Almanac for Kids;1996, p222
Shows the path that a bill takes through Congress to become a law, including steps in the Senate and in the House of Representatives. Committees which review bills; The president's role; Final votes to become law.
- Exon-Florio an imperfect tool for protecting U.S. technology. Cohen, V.D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/6/1989, Vol. 131 Issue 19, p68
Opinion. Discusses the increasing number of foreign takeovers of US industrial firms and the weaknesses of the Exon-Florio Amendment to the Defense Production Act of 1988, which was designed to help curb takeovers that might impact national security. Law's deficiencies; Conditions of national...
- What would you do? // Bank Marketing;Oct93, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p12
Explains the responsibilities of a trustee of an employee benefit plan under the Truth in Lending Act (TILA). Response from the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC); Conflict between TILA and the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA); Regulation Z; Loans from pension plans.
- Proposed 900-number ad rules worry advertisers. Flint, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;4/5/93, Vol. 123 Issue 14, p44
Reports that the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has proposed rules on 900-number advertising which could force advertisers to rethink their TV purchases. The FTC's implementation of the Telephone Disclosure and Dispute Resolution Act of 1992; The ban on 900-number advertising directed at...
- Unfunded mandates. St. George, James R. // Brookings Review;Spring95, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p12
Discusses the issues related to the passage of the Unfunded Mandates Reform Act of 1995 in the United States Congress. Purpose of the legislation; Implications of the speed of the passage of the proposal; Legitimacy of national standards; Federal aid for states and localities; Outdated revenue...
- Pros and cons: should the Byrd-Warner... // Congressional Digest;Dec87, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p304
Excerpts from Senate debate on an amendment to S.J. Resolution 194, a resolution to provide compliance with the War Powers Act. Introduced by Senators Robert C. Byrd (D-W. Va.) and John W. Warner (R-Va.). Arguing in favor: Senators Byrd and DanDurenberger (R-Minn.). Against: Senators Robert...
- Recent Action in Congress. // Congressional Digest;Jan1989, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p7
Report that Congressional interest in textile and apparel legislation during the 100th Congress focused primarily on the `Trade and Apparel Trade Act of 1987.' House action; Senate action; Presidential veto; Overide attempt.
- Main Provisions of H.R. 1154. // Congressional Digest;Jan1989, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p8
Report on the `Textile and Apparel Trade Act of 1987,' H.R. 1154. Excerpts from H.R. 1154; Background.