Back into the fold
- Turkey's new population policy. YAZAR, İSA // Turkish Review;May/Jun2013, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p310
The article discusses Turkey's new population policy which includes introducing incentives to encourage more people to have more children. Based on data from the Turkish Statistics Institute (TurkStat), the average age in Turkey in 2012 was 30.1 and the average age of the population is forecast...
- Six year of maternity benefits? Maybe in Austria. Yee, Sonya // Christian Science Monitor;9/30/99, Vol. 91 Issue 214, p7
Discusses controversy surrounding the Austrian far-right Freedom Party's proposal for extended maternity leave and government funding for women who stay at home to care for their children as part of their platform in September 1999 electioneering.
- Sterile adoptive mother may challenge maternity leave restrictions. Murphy, Betty Southard; Barlow, Wayne E. // Personnel Journal;Mar93, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p24
Reports that the US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit holds that a female employee who is unable to bear children may challenge a federal agency's maternity leave restrictions that allegedly forced her to resign when she adopted a child. Litigation details involving Debra McWright and the...
- Britain rejects E.U. paternity leave. Aldred, Carolyn // Business Insurance;10/3/94, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p39
Reports on Great Britain's rejection of the paternity leave law enacted by the European Union. Veto by British employment secretary Michael Portillo; Statutory paternity benefits; Maternity leave provisions in the member countries.
- Paid maternity leave now on the nation's agenda. Richards, Debbie // Australian Nursing Journal;Jul2002, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p17
Comments on a debate over the implementation of a national paid maternity leave scheme in Australia. Federal report that opened up the debate; Overview of the paid maternity leave system in the country; Comparison of the nation's leave system with other countries.
- Telma TV news (4 November). // Macedonian Electronic Media Digest;11/5/2014, p1
The article offers news briefs from Republic of Macedonia as of November 2014 on topics including boycotting of the Parliament by opposition political parties leaders such as Zoran Zaev, government policies towards payment of maternity leave, and complaint against metal company Jugohrom.
- Holding the baby. // Works Management;Feb2000, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the problems posed by the Maternity and Parental Leave Regulation to business enterprises in Great Britain. Eligibility for the leave privilege; Postponement of leave of up to six months.
- Ohio leave policy. Fletcher, Meg // Business Insurance;5/23/94, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p6
Reports on the agreement reached by the state of Ohio with the Ohio Civil Service Employees Association. Establishment of specific leave benefits for natural and adoptive parents; Eligibility for leave from time of birth or placement in adopting household.
- Labour woos voters with bid to boost parental leave provision. Cooper, Cathy // People Management;11/23/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p14
Deals with the proposals for reforming the maternity and parental leave policies in Great Britain. Comments of the Confederation of British Industry and House of Fraser on the proposal to give women returning from maternity leave the right to work part-time; Basis of the employers' opposition...