Socpo president warns of political danger in reforms
- Best Value boosts HR role in contracts. Littlefield, David // People Management;11/23/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p6
Deals with a draft guidance from the Society of Chief Personnel Officers (Socpo) on the role of human resources (HR) departments across local government in selecting service providers in Great Britain. Tasks of HR departments of local governments; Statements from the Socpo guidance.
- Personnel CCT could be increased to 40%. Overell, Stephen // People Management;07/25/96, Vol. 2 Issue 15, p6
Stresses the fear of local authority personnel departments in Great Britain to the government's proposal of compulsory competitive tendering. Argument of the Society of Chief Personnel Officers in Local Government (Socpo) against the plan; Effects of the government's proposal.
- Make town halls like `New England in fall.' Littlefield, David // People Management;4/3/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p16
Focuses on the topics discussed in the Society of Chief Personnel Officers in Local Government conference in 1997. Ways in which local government offices can develop a culture conductive to innovation and creativity; Employees excuses which affect the process of change; How personnel managers...
- Socpo: local authorities are losing vital expertise. Lamb, Jon // People Management;3/30/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p11
Reveals that nearly half of British government employees who took early retirement did not volunteer and would consider returning on other terms, according to a research commissioned by the Society of Chief Personnel Officers in Local Government (Socpo). Percentage that rated the quality of...
- Flexed questions. Cooper, Cathy // People Management;3/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p32
Deals with the efforts of the Society of Chief Personnel Officers in Local Government to promote work-life balance and flexible working hours in Great Britain. Effects of flexibility on work performance; How flexible arrangements fit in with national terms and conditions; Factors which affect...
- News. // Public Finance;03/28/97, p5
Presents a photograph of four of the winners and presentors of the 1997 Society of Chief Personnel Officers Recruitment Advertising Awards in Great Britain. Names of the winners and presentors.
- SOCPO 99 ROUND-UP. // People Management;4/8/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p13
Presents news briefs concerning the annual conference of the Society of Chief Personnel Officers in Local Government as of April 8, 1999. Plan for the sector; Appeal made by Jack Dromey, the national secretary for public services of T and G union.
- Why Socpo is opening its arms to private-sector professionals. Glover, Carol // People Management;3/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p14
Discusses the decision of the Society of Chief Personnel Officers in Local Government (Socpo) to extend its membership to private sector professionals. Issues faced by Socpo President Keith Handley; Partnership of Socpo with Great Britain's Commission for Racial Equality; Views of Handley on...
- Socpo and AHHRM discuss closer links. // People Management;10/10/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p10
Focuses on the discussion between the Society of Personnel Officers and the Association of Healthcare Human Resource Management. Issues under discussion.