Fears for small businesses over compulsary pensions
- Nest without feathers. Bamford, Nick // Money Marketing;7/28/2011, p50
The article presents the author's advice for a small-sized business in Great Britain on how to comply with the new pension requirements of the government in 2011 despite of its minimum budget.
- Pension plan audits for biz coming soon. Cheek, John // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/01/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 48, p45A
Comments on the rule directing small business to submit audits of pensions plans to the United States Department of Labor. Previous exemption enjoyed by small business pension plans; Incidence of embezzlement and fraud related to pension assets; Focus on the types of assets in the plan; Three...
- Small firms could suffer over TPR's position on policing of contributions. Selby, Tom // Money Marketing;3/7/2013, p52
The article stresses the potential impact of the controversial position of The Pensions Regulator (TPR) in Great Britain on policing automatic enrolment contributions on small companies.
- Nic Cicutti: Why aren't pensions a priority? // Money Marketing (Online Edition);12/8/2011, p1
In this article the author presents his views on people's attitude pensions and retirement plans. It is mentioned that the decision of Great Britain's government to uprate pensions and benefit payments in line with consumer price index will translate into smaller pensions for retirees. It also...
- White House proposals. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;7/10/95, Vol. 9 Issue 14, p22
Discusses proposals issued by the Clinton administration during the White House Conference on Small Business. Suggestion to change the way private pensions are regulated; Regulatory overhaul plan for small companies' correction of environmental violations.
- Drake pleads for DWP to keep small firms in auto-enrolment. Tolley, Steve // Money Marketing (Online Edition);12/7/2011, p1
The article reports that Baroness Drake urges the Great Britain government not to permanently ban small firms in auto-enrollment, during the Chartered Insurance Institute. Drake says that ban for small firms will undermine the reason of auto-enrolment policy, which is to have a national and...
- The cost of delay. // Money Marketing (Online Edition);12/8/2011, p1
The article looks at the impacts of delay in automatic enrolment for small firms having 50 or lesser staff on the pension employees will get. It is mentioned that this will also lead to increments in employee contributions over time. It is also discussed the reason behind automatic enrolment are...
- FCA throws lifeline to small Sipp firms. Selby, Tom // Money Marketing (Online Edition);8/ 8/2014, p8
The article discusses the move of Great Britain's Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to give a lifeline to small self-invested personal pension (Sipp) companies in the country. It notes that the regulator has softened its stance regarding capital adequacy rules after several concerns were raised...
- Simple solutions to complex questions. WICKENDEN, PHIL // Money Marketing;1/28/2016, p30
The author discusses the complex challenges relating to the new workplace pension and the clarity of responsibilities for reinsurance automatic enrollment (AE). He explores the changes and complexity of the British pension system and the growing needs of small- and medium-sized enterprises...