Blunkett secures funds for IT `centres of excellence'
- South Australia's software capabilities. // Asian Business Review;Oct96, p62
Focuses on South Australia's integrated strategic plan for the information industry sector, called IT2000 Vision Statement. Emphasis on six niche areas; History of creative thinking. INSETS: Motorola.;Gisca/Maptek..
- The ten commandments of computerization. Bawden, Brian R. // CA Magazine;Aug93, Vol. 126 Issue 7, p32
Discusses the ten guidelines with the use of computer technology in business as defined by a body of law from cases since the 1970s. Balance between the probability and gravity of harm; Implementing controls; Subject to the test as to performance; Set of rules to resolve exceptional...
- Proclamation 7011--to implement the World Trade Organization Ministerial Declaration on Trade in... Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/7/97, Vol. 33 Issue 27, p999
Presents a transcript of United States President Bill Clinton's Proclamation 7011 implementing the World Trade Organization Ministerial Declaration on Trade in Information Technology Products and the Agreement on Distilled Spirits. Specific provisions proclamation for the implementation of the...
- Mapping the IT industry. Kidman, Angus // Australian Personal Computer;Oct96, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p17
Focuses on significant market and policy terms of the Australian information technology (IT) industry as reported in `Mapping the Information Industries,' by the Bureau of Industry Economics. Proposal for mapping the industry according to product-service and form substance; Communication...
- Nassau plans to spend $100M on IT upgrade. Mancini, Rosamaria // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/11/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 29, p5A
Reports on plans by Nassau County, New York, to spend 100 million dollars on information technology (IT) initiatives in the four years starting in 2004 in an effort to modernize outdated and inefficient systems. Funding sources that the county plans to tap for the IT initiatives; County's...
- CCT poses a threat to small suppliers. Dawes, Tim // Public Finance;5/6/94, p21
Focuses on British government's regulations on information technology (IT). Description of computer operations in Great Britain; Application of IT in local government; Speculation about the possible reaction of local governments to computer operations.
- Some possible government roles in information infrastructure. Cerf, Vinton G. // Serials Review;Spring95, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p11
Discusses possible government roles in information infrastructure in the United States. Enactment of the High Performance Computing (HPC) Act in 1991; Aims of the HPC's National Research and Education Network (NREN) program; Information infrastructure as the common ground on which...
- Technology democracy. Gore, Al // Discover;Oct94, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p42
Focuses on the proposed Global Information Infrastructure (GII) program. National Information Infrastructure by President Bill Clinton's administration; Significance of the election of South African President Nelson Mandela; GII's promotion of the functioning of democracy and economic growth.
- CloudStore: let the buying commence. Glick, Bryan // Computer Weekly;2/28/2012, p9
The editorial comments on information technology (IT) reform in Great Britain and the CloudStore website for IT buyers and suppliers.