Just in time (for a breakdown)
- Poor Long-Term Outcome in Second Kidney Transplantation: A Delayed Event. Trébern-Launay, Katy; Foucher, Yohann; Giral, Magali; Legendre, Christophe; Kreis, Henri; Kessler, Michèle; Ladrière, Marc; Kamar, Nassim; Rostaing, Lionel; Garrigue, Valèrie; Mourad, Georges; Morelon, Emmanuel; Soulillou, Jean-Paul; Dantal, Jacques // PLoS ONE;Oct2012, Vol. 7 Issue 10, Special section p1
Background: Old studies reported a worse outcome for second transplant recipient (STR) than for first transplant recipient (FTR) mainly due to non-comparable populations with numbers confounding factors. More recent analysis, based on improved methodology by using multivariate regressions,...
- Glucocorticoid Stress Responses of Reintroduced Tigers in Relation to Anthropogenic Disturbance in Sariska Tiger Reserve in India. Bhattacharjee, Subhadeep; Kumar, Vinod; Chandrasekhar, Mithileshwari; Malviya, Manjari; Ganswindt, Andre; Ramesh, Krishnamurthy; Sankar, Kalyanasundaram; Umapathy, Govindhaswamy // PLoS ONE;Jun2015, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p1
Tiger (Panthera tigris), an endangered species, is under severe threat from poaching, habitat loss, prey depletion and habitat disturbance. Such factors have been reported causing local extermination of tiger populations including in one of the most important reserves in India, namely Sariska...
- Investigating Applications of Speech-to-Text Recognition to Assist Learning in Online and Traditional Classrooms. Shadiev, Rustam; Hwang, Wu-Yuin; Huang, Yueh-Min // Journal of Humanities & Arts Computing: A Journal of Digital Hum;Mar2014 Supplement, Vol. 8, p179
This study applied Speech-to-Text Recognition (STR) technology during teaching and learning activities to assist learning. Two experiments were carried out in this study. In the first experiment, the STR technology was applied during one-way lectures and students' oral presentations in an online...
- STR Acquires Textiles Testing Business. // Home Textiles Today;5/16/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p10
Reports that Specialized Technology Resources Inc.'s British operation STR Ltd. Has acquired the textiles business of Precision Processes Ltd. Comment of STR European operation director Ian Saunderson regarding the acquisition.
- Impact of age and duration on sight-threatening retinopathy in South Asians and Caucasians attending a diabetic clinic. Pardhan, S.; Gilchrist, J.; Mahomed, I. // Eye;Mar2004, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p233
Aims To examine diabetic retinopathy in Asians and Caucasians attending a hospital diabetic clinic and to evaluate the impact of the significant risk factors on the probability of sight-threatening retinopathy. Methods A total of 500 diabetic patients (268 Asians, 232 Caucasians) who attended a...
- Grouping specialty registrars in practice placements: a qualitative study. Buchanan, Jo; Lane, Pat // Education for Primary Care;Mar2008, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p143
Over the last six years there has been a significant rise in specialty registrar (StR) numbers in the UK. This has been achieved in part by grouping StRs in practice placements and by some trainers supervising more than one registrar. This study looked at the experience of groups of doctor...
- New records of water mite (Acari: Hydrachnidia) species for the Turkish fauna. Esen, Yunus; Pešić, Vladimir; Çıtıl, Cihan; Erman, Orhan // Turkish Journal of Zoology;May2012, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p375
Four species of water mites (Acari: Hydrachnidia) are presented for the fauna of Turkey. Oxus (s. str.) angustipositus Viets, 1908; O. (s. str.) hastatus (Lundblad, 1954); Frontipodopsis (s. str.) reticulatifrons Szalay, 1945; and Hungarohydracarus subterraneus Szalay, 1943 are new records for...
- Soft Tissue Rheumatism. Dunkin, Mary Anne // Arthritis Today;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p30
Provides information on soft tissue rheumatism (STR). Most affected structures in STR; Most common cause of STR; Diagnosis and treatment; Common conditions.
- Occupancy Up in Arab Area. // Hospitality Ireland;Jun2012, Issue 77, p11
The article reports on the data from STR Global which showed that hotel occupancy levels at the Middle East and Africa have risen by 10 percent in April 2012.