Brown pumps extra cash into expanding New Deal
- Peace deal prompts cash injections and... Ward, Seamus // Public Finance;04/17/98, p8
Reports on the financial package for Northern Ireland that Chancellor Gordon Brown is due to announce. Purpose of the package; Role of welfare to work in the chancellor's economic package; Subsidies to Northern Ireland; Details on public/private partnerships in Northern Ireland.
- Will brown listen? Turpin, Andrew; Percival-Straunik, Lindsay // Director (00123242);Jan1998, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p23
Focuses on Chancellor Gordon Brown, Green Budget proposal which hasn't received a good response from small and medium sized firms. When the proposal was announced; What the Green Budget implements; Comments from Brown.
- Offering a helping hand with chid care. Finn, Widget; Percival-Straunik, Lindsay // Director (00123242);Jan1998, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p23
Focuses on Chancellor Gordon Brown, Green Budget proposal which includes a investment in after-school childcare provision. How parents will benefit from the budget provisions; Comments from policy advisor at the Institute of Personnel and Development, Angela Baron.
- Brown sugar. Jacobs, Ilan // Money Marketing;4/24/2003, p44
Comments on the Budget reported by Great Britain's Chancellor Gordon Brown. View that the country is capable of weathering economic storms; Rule on maximum debt; Regional policy, employment and housing market; Setting of date for the announcement of five economic tests for the euro.
- Brown's budget for poor aids retailers. O'Sullivan, Tom // Marketing Week (01419285);3/19/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p10
Presents information on Gordon Brown's budget, for poor aids retailers in Great Britain. Reference to Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs); Comments from British Retail Consortium (BRC) economist Pamela Webber; Indepth look at Brown's budget. INSETS: Motor sector studies the `small print';Budget...
- Budget 98 responses. // Marketing Event;Apr98, p4
Reports on the mixed reactions raised by the proposed budget of Chancellor Gordon Brown of Great Britain. How the marketing events industry viewed the issue; Problem areas in Chancellor Brown's second budget.
- Budget date announced. // Accountancy;Apr2003, Vol. 131 Issue 1316, p103
Reports on the announcement of the date for the 2003 Budget by Chancellor Gordon Brown in Great Britain.
- After prudence, what next? // Public Finance;03/20/98, p12
Presents information on Gordon Brown's first full budget. Description of British economy; How Brown described his Budget; budget offered by Brown for health, school and transport.
- Stewart Fleming. Fleming, Stewart // New Statesman;03/20/98, Vol. 127 Issue 4377, p13
Presents different views regarding the Budget presented by Chancellor Gordon Brown in the House of Commons. Contents of the letter sent by Martin Taylor, chief executive of Barclays Bank; Problem on the modernization of the British economy.