Brown pumps extra cash into expanding New Deal
- Peace deal prompts cash injections and... Ward, Seamus // Public Finance;04/17/98, p8
Reports on the financial package for Northern Ireland that Chancellor Gordon Brown is due to announce. Purpose of the package; Role of welfare to work in the chancellor's economic package; Subsidies to Northern Ireland; Details on public/private partnerships in Northern Ireland.
- The new president's promises. // Accountancy;Dec1997, Vol. 120 Issue 1252, p25
Reports on details of Individual Savings Accounts announced by Chancellor Gordon Brown in his July 1997 Budget. Primary objective of the accounts; Tax breaks offered.
- The year 2000 problem - what problem? McCrae, Julian; Taylor, Jayne // Accountancy;Jan1998, Vol. 121 Issue 1253, p52
Reports on Chancellor Gordon Brown's budget proposal in Great Britain for 1999. Degree of openness in the budgetary process; Control of interest rates. INSET: WHAT THE CIRCULARS SAY..
- Will brown listen? Turpin, Andrew; Percival-Straunik, Lindsay // Director (00123242);Jan1998, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p23
Focuses on Chancellor Gordon Brown, Green Budget proposal which hasn't received a good response from small and medium sized firms. When the proposal was announced; What the Green Budget implements; Comments from Brown.
- Offering a helping hand with chid care. Finn, Widget; Percival-Straunik, Lindsay // Director (00123242);Jan1998, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p23
Focuses on Chancellor Gordon Brown, Green Budget proposal which includes a investment in after-school childcare provision. How parents will benefit from the budget provisions; Comments from policy advisor at the Institute of Personnel and Development, Angela Baron.
- Brown sugar. Jacobs, Ilan // Money Marketing;4/24/2003, p44
Comments on the Budget reported by Great Britain's Chancellor Gordon Brown. View that the country is capable of weathering economic storms; Rule on maximum debt; Regional policy, employment and housing market; Setting of date for the announcement of five economic tests for the euro.
- Brown's budget for poor aids retailers. O'Sullivan, Tom // Marketing Week (01419285);3/19/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p10
Presents information on Gordon Brown's budget, for poor aids retailers in Great Britain. Reference to Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs); Comments from British Retail Consortium (BRC) economist Pamela Webber; Indepth look at Brown's budget. INSETS: Motor sector studies the `small print';Budget...
- Budget 98 responses. // Marketing Event;Apr98, p4
Reports on the mixed reactions raised by the proposed budget of Chancellor Gordon Brown of Great Britain. How the marketing events industry viewed the issue; Problem areas in Chancellor Brown's second budget.
- Budget date announced. // Accountancy;Apr2003, Vol. 131 Issue 1316, p103
Reports on the announcement of the date for the 2003 Budget by Chancellor Gordon Brown in Great Britain.