- TAX UPDATE. // Builders Merchants Journal;Mar2002, p20
Presents an update on various changes in the taxation of company cars in Great Britain, beginning April 6, 2002. Reward for cleaner and efficient cars; Charges for carbon emissions; Rule on increased mileage.
- Car FBT avoidance tested. Gilchrist, Brent // Chartered Accountants Journal;Feb1998, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p51
Focuses on the fringe benefit tax (FBT) on company cars provided to shareholder-employees in New Zealand. Perceived unfairness of FBT; Discussion of the approach adopted by tax specialists to counter FBT avoidance.
- WHEELS FOR WORK: FROM SIERRA TO SAAB. Williams, Ron // Accountancy;Sep89, Vol. 104 Issue 1153, p119
Discusses the tax treatment of company cars that can also be used privately in Great Britain. Impact of taxation on the popular use of two-liter automobiles as company cars; Benchmark automobiles related to the tax scheme for company cars; Popular two-liter automobiles in the market.
- Turning with the wheels of fortune. Fowler, Alan // People Management;8/10/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 16, p38
Considers options to employers and employees regarding taxable benefit on company cars' ruling in Great Britain. Effect of tax regime to employees; How the car's value is determined; Options in reducing tax bill.
- FARM PROVIDES CAR? GET SET FOR MORE TAX. Home, Suzie // Farmers Weekly;3/22/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 12, p90
Reports on the changes in tax rules in company cars in Great Britain in 2002. Effect of the rules on employees who have company cars; Importance of personal and business implications of these changes; Impact of the tax regime on the total costs associated with company cars.
- A tax guide. // Accountancy;May93, Vol. 111 Issue 1197, p59
Reports on the introduction of a new company car tax system in Great Britain. Overview on the contents of 'The Company Car and the 1993 Budget--A Quick Reference Guide,' released by Cowie Interleasing; Means of calculating company car taxes under the present taxation system in the country.
- Labour urged to curb company car usage. Merrick, Neil // People Management;6/26/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 13, p13
Reports on the mounting pressure to change tax rules on company car usage as the government attempts to ease transport problems in Great Britain. Government's efforts to encourage employees to find other means of travelling to work; Basis of taxation of employees with company cars under the...
- Bafflingly simple or simply baffling? Buxton, Mike // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;May99, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p44
Focuses on the taxation of company owned automobile in Great Britain. Computation of automobile tax; Details on car fuel expenses; Provision of a mobile telephone.
- Revised tax scales for company cars. // Accountancy;Aug1976, Vol. 87 Issue 996, p13
Focuses on the proposals for changing the method of taxing the benefit derived from the private use of a company car by an employee earning 5,000 pounds a year or more. Benefit on a scale varying according to the type of the car provided; Consultation of motor industry on the industrial...