- Unfruitful fate for insurance plan. // Crain's New York Business;02/14/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the negative impact of New York government's mandate to insurance companies to offer coverage for fertility treatments. Increase in the cost of health insurance policies; Impact on small employers and individuals who are least able to afford the cost.
- Insurers to states: Accept U.S. merger legislation. McConnell, Bill // American Banker;5/12/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 90, p2
Discusses a proposal made by American insurance industry representatives for state lawmakers to allow insurance firms to merge with banks. Power of national banks to sell insurance in small towns; Authority for insurance companies to offer banking products.
- China to strengthen life and property insurance regulations. // Asian Business Review;Jun95, p35
Cites a `China Daily' newspaper report indicating the Chinese central bank's plan to step up regulation of the country's life insurance and property insurance and other non-banking institutions in 1996.
- Health care blueprint. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;6/27/94, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p29
Discusses the contents of article 42 of the constitution of the defunct Union of Soviet Socialist Republics. Assertion that this article's guarantee of health care as a right is strangely reminiscent of the rhetoric being voiced the health care debate in Canada.
- A cash grab, not an overhaul. Robson, John; McFeely, Tom // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;12/18/95, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p8
Considers that reforms of Canada's Unemployment Insurance (UI) program do not go far enough. Flaws in the system which have made seasonal industries and entire provinces dependent on UI; The notorious `UI ski team'; Renaming of UI as Employment Insurance (EI); The provinces which win and lose...
- Kiwis consider mandatory coverage for vessels in New Zealand waters. // Business Insurance;2/18/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p17
Focuses on the mandatory coverage for vessels in New Zealand. Regulations for liability insurance on oil spills; Legislation to make third-party insurance compulsory for all ships; Specifications of the third party insurance.
- Georgia eases agent rule. Fletcher, Meg // Business Insurance;05/04/98, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p26H
Presents information on changes to the laws of Georgia state, in insurance regulation, with a decision to minimize the need for a resident agent to countersign an insurance contract written by a non-resident agent. Details on how this law will affect the industry in Georgia; Reference to other...
- Working poor need jobless benefit change. Francis, David R. // Christian Science Monitor;11/22/96, Vol. 88 Issue 251, p8
Argues that there is a need changes to be made in the unemployment benefits in the United States. Reference to Congress passing of a welfare-reform bill in 1994; Forecast for the next Congress meeting in relation to unemployment insurance; Information on the lack of knowledge of welfare mothers...
- A model partnership. B-J.C. // Hastings Center Report;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p2
Examines the five-year pilot project which offers affordable insurance coverage for long-term care launched in the state of Connecticut. Residents able to purchase private insurance for long-term care protecting their assets while allowing qualification for Medicaid; Policies geared to those...