Indiana Reacts to Bethlehem Steel Bankruptcy
- Bethlehem Holder Should Steel Itself: No Likely Sale. Leibs, Anthony // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;08/30/99, Vol. 12 Issue 35, p1
Focuses on Bethlehem Steel Corp. Stocks growth since July 1, 1999; Financial losses of Bethlehem for the fourth quarter of 1999; Implications of the consolidation among steel companies.
- Bethlehem Realigns Management. // Metal Center News;Jan2002, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p41
Reports the management reorganization at Bethlehem Steel Corp. in the United States. Retirement of top management officials; Decision of the company to realign its organizational structure; Details of the appointments of executives.
- Ghosts in the Machines. SINGER, EMILY // Technology Review;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 115 Issue 1, p27
A photo essay which focuses on the steelmaking plant of Bethlehem Steel in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania is presented.
- Bethlehem Steel outlines new cost-cutting plans. // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Aug2002, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p6
Reports on Bethlehem, Pennsylvania-based steelmaking firm Bethlehem Steel Corp.'s strategies to reduce cost. Operation of the firm under bankruptcy protection; Workforce reduction; Changes in the employee benefits and retirement plans.
- Bethlehem Rebuilds on Its Steel Foundation. Wright, Andrew G. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/08/99, Vol. 243 Issue 19, p30
Provides information on the project initiated by Bethlehem Steel Corp. to clean up its brownfield facility in Lehigh Valley complex, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Historical importance of the company; Artifacts collected from the steel factory; Cost of the clean up project; Remarks from Pennsylvania...
- BETHLEHEM STARTS 'IMPROVEMENT' EFFORT. // 33 Metalproducing;Jul2001, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p10
Reports that United States-based Bethlehem Steel has begun a top-down performance review intended to improve future financial performance. Retention of former AK Steel chairman Thomas C. Graham as consultant; Announcement of two partnerships that could improve its financial performance.
- From Guns to Butter? Maggs, John // National Journal;1/5/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p22
Discusses the recession in the United States (U.S.) steel industry. Reasons for the bankruptcy of Bethlehem Steel Corp.; Effects of technological advances and the globalization of the U.S. economy on its steel industry; Actions taken by President George W. Bush for the recovery of the U.S....
- All Wrapped Up, Ready to Go. // 33 Metalproducing;Sep2001, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p46
Focuses on the significance of automated packaging as a standard equipment for delivering high-quality strip in the United States. Decision of Bethlehem Steel Corp. to rebuild the cold-rolling operations; Modernization of the flat-rolling and finishing operation of Alcan Aluminum Corp.; Need...
- Bethlehem's Miller Details Restructuring. // Metal Center News;Aug2002, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p50
No abstract available.