Ambac Announces Record Quarter for Operating Earnings
- Ambac, S&P Parent Companies Release Fourth Quarter Data. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;1/27/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32058, p6
Announces the increase in the fourth-quarter profits of Ambac Financial Group Inc. in the U.S. Earnings of the company in the quarter; Forecast of Robert Genader, company president and CEO, for a strong growth of the company; Decline in new business production in the public finance.
- AMBAC TAKES $2.3 BILLION LOSS. // National Mortgage News;3/16/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p15
The article reports on the financial statement of Ambac Financial Group Inc. in New York revealing a $2.34 billion net loss in the fourth quarter of 2008. It states that the loss was attributed to continuing actual loss experience on residential mortgage-backed securities it insured. The firm...
- Ambac Financial Reports 24% Increase in Net Income in First Quarter. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;4/22/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31868, p6
Reports on the overall financial performance of Ambac Financial Group Inc. in the U.S. for the first quarter of 2004. Net income of the company; Amount of adjusted gross premiums; Discussion of the company's public finance market segment.
- Investors in Ambac Trust File Lawsuit. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;1/6/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33035, p4
The article reports on the class-action lawsuit filed by investors against Ambac Financial Group Inc. in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. The company is alleged of publishing false statements about their operating and financial conditions. Ambac refused to give any...
- Ambac issues debt to finance expansion. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;04/07/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30367, p31
Reports that Ambac Financial Group Inc. issued $200 million of 100-year debt in April 1998 as part of an effort to increase the company's capital for future expansion efforts. Ratings by Moody's Investors Service and Standard and Poor's; Lead manager.
- How to play the muni boom and earn around 35 percent. Sheeline, Bill // Money;Mar93, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p80
Explains the reasons why stock in Ambac, the oldest insurer of municipal bonds, is a good investment. Description of firm's business; How the firm is able to show profits even in slow years; Outlook for prosperous years; Comments from Ambac CEO Phillip Lassiter; Share prices and earnings...
- Municipal bond fears insure Ambac's future. Mirabella, Alan // Crain's New York Business;2/20/95, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p39
Focuses on the stock performance of New York City-based Ambac Incorporated. Effect of increase in demand for insurance as a result of increased acquisition of municipal bonds; Comments of Ambac chairman Phillip B. Lassiter on the trend in municipal bond acquisition.
- Ambac Reports Surge in Income, Looks Ahead With Optimism. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;4/18/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31368, p3
Reports the increase in the first-quarter net income of Ambac Financial Group Inc. in New York. Acceleration of operating earnings; Resignation of public relations director, Brian Moore; Comparison between the earnings in the first quarter and last year.
- Ambac, MBIA Don't Expect US Airways Exposure to Lead to Losses. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31453, p4
Reports the decision to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection with the exposure to U.S. Airways by Ambac Financial Group Inc. Estimation of net exposure to the beleaguered airline; Existence of 18 to 24 months of liquidity support for bond issuers with the sale and release of aircraft;...