FEC Republicans Join Chorus Of Criticism Against Rule G-37
- Changes in Pricing Policies. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/6/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31984, p1
Reports on the alteration of the pricing practices for municipal securities by the broker-dealer firms in Washington. Compliance to the guidance issued by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board; Allegation of pricing violations; Responsibility of the broker-dealers for ensuring retail...
- Next phase of MSRB pricing program begins. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;03/02/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30341, p4
Focuses on the start of the next phase of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's (MSRB) price transparency program in the United States on March 2, 1998. Need for dealers to send MSRB pricing and other information from their trades with institutional and retail customers; Concerns about...
- MSRB Issues Plan to Move To Real Time. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31148, p1
Details the requirement for dealers in the United States to report their municipal securities trades within a specific time after they occur under the real-time reporting system proposed by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) for the municipal market by mid-2003. MSRB solicitation...
- MSRB's Latest Audit Shows Slight Loss Offset by 'Cushion' From Prior Years. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/19/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31163, p4
Reports on the financial status of the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board for its fiscal year ending September 30, 2000. Decrease in net assets.
- SEC eases Rule G-32 filing deadlines. // Bond Buyer;07/20/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30438, p36
Focuses on United States Securities and Exchange Commission's approval of an amendment to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Rule G-32. Removal of any potential timing discrepancies concerning dealer and customer receipt of official statements.
- MSRB Abandons Effort to Ease Independence Standard for Board. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;10/8/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 33992, p1
The article informs that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) has withdrawn its proposal to amend its Rule A-3 that is related to govern how board members are appointed due to unexpected opposition.
- MSRB Issues Agenda For Disclosure Forum. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p5
Highlights the topics scheduled to be debated at the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's forum on disclosure in January 2000. Role of nationally recognized municipal securities information repositories; Extent to which dissemination of disclosure information is working in the United States.
- MSRB Files Change on ARS, VRDO Transparency. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/12/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33347, p5
The article reports on the changes suggested by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board on the transparency system of variable-rate demand obligations (VRDO) and auction rate security (ARS) in the U.S.
- Munis Firmer Amid Light Secondary Action. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/23/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33221, p2
The article presents a market analysis of municipal bonds in the U.S. The author mentions that the municipal market was slightly better amid the light secondary trading on November 20, 2009. Moreover, majority of the Treasury market experienced some losses, while the trades reported by the...