Give the Guy Credit
- Atlanta Council Confirms Corbin as Chief Financial Officer. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;08/08/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30949, p3
Reports that the City Council of Atlanta, Georgia confirmed Mayor Bill Campbell's appointment of David Corbin as chief financial officer in August 2000. Replacement of Judith Blackwell; Corbin's former position as an investment banker with PaineWebber Inc.; Career highlights.
- Atlanta CFO Steps Down After 5-Year Stint. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;06/15/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30913, p4
Focuses on Atlanta, Georgia's chief financial officer Judith Blackwell's plan to get out of government service. Resignation from her post; Proposal to rejoin the private sector; Ability to attack large problems and bring solutions by attacking them head on; Appointment of Dominic Ochei as...
- Saying Goodbye to Atlanta. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/30/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31275, p1
Reports that David Corbin, chief financial officer of Atlanta, Georgia, will resign from the post on January 4, 2002. Improvements in financial operations of Atlanta under Corbin; Impact of the economic slowdown in the U.S. on the city's finances; Future plans of Corbin.
- Making History, Doing A Job. Grillo, Jerry // Georgia Trend;Apr2002, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p28
Profiles the Cathy Woolard, City Council president of Atlanta, Georgia. Commemoration of grandmother; Criticisms on the reciprocation of Woolard to the support from the gay community; Description of office furniture.
- LOCAL GOVERNMENTS AND FEDS CLASH OVER COMPLIANCE ISSUES. Powers, Mary Buckner // ENR: Engineering News-Record;06/12/2000, Vol. 244 Issue 23, p14
Reports that federal officials in Atlanta, Georgia are asking assurances from local governments that they are committed to the transportation plan to get the area into compliance with the Clean Air Act. Other plan in which the conformity determination is needed; Comments from Larry R. Dreihaup...
- Campbell Hires PaineWebber Banker as Atlanta's New CFO. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;07/13/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30931, p3
Reports on the recruitment of former Painewebber Inc. banker David Corbin by Atlanta, Georgia Mayor Bill Campbell to become the city's chief financial officer. Details of Corbin's background in the financial services market; Factors considered by Campbell in selecting Corbin.
- ALLIANCE NAMES NEW VP. Harris, Stephanie // Stage Directions;Oct2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p13
Focuses on the appointment of Kent Gash as associate artistic director of Alliance Theatre Company in Atlanta, Georgia. Background of Gash.
- ATLANTA'S NEW MAYOR. // Jet;1/11/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 2, p17
The article announces that Kasim Reed has been sworn in as the mayor of Atlanta, Georgia. The article reports that Reed victory over opponent Mary Norwood was confirmed in a recount and that he is succeeding current Mayor Shirley Franklin. The article talks about how city hasn't had a White...
- Paper, plastic removal goes forward. Peltier, Michael // Waste News;11/8/99, Vol. 5 Issue 26, p13
Focuses on city officials' efforts to clean up a neighborhood eyesore in southwestern Atlanta, Georgia. Municipal Judge Barbara Harris' dismissal of charges against Renewal Atlanta Inc. president Michael Murphy; Failure of the city to follow proper procedures when it cited Murphy for failing to...