NEWS IN BRIEF
- Consumer Sentiment Jumps to 92.3 in Oct. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;10/16/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32487, p33
The article provides updates on the consumer sentiment index in the U.S. for October 2006. According to reports, the University of Michigan's preliminary October consumer sentiment index was 92.3. The expectations index was 83.4, compared to 78.2 for September 2006. And the current conditions...
- Put corporate scandals in historical context. Boulet, Larry S. // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/29/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p36
Comments on a series of reported business scandals experienced by average investors in the U.S. as of July 2002. Factor that influenced the decline of most stock market indices; Uniqueness of the scandals in the U.S. business; Suggestion for regaining the productive system of the economy.
- July GPI Unchanged; Core Rate Rises 0.1%. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;8/16/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33766, p2
The article reports on the U.S. consumer price index (CPI) in July 2012, which has remained unchanged since June according to the U.S. Labor Department on August 15, 2012, and the increase in core consumer prices by 0.1% in July.
- PART I: THE AMERICAN CONSUMER: 2. CONSUMER SPENDING. Miller, Richard K.; Washington, Kelli // Consumer Behavior;2014, p24
The article presents statistics on consumer spending in the U.S. as of 2012, including consumer spending contribution to the gross domestic product, average spending per consumer unit, and consumer price index assessment.
- the Economy. // Labor Law Journal;Sep69, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p566
The article looks at the economy of the U.S. as of September 1969. The Consumer Price Index continued to advance rapidly in July, climbing 0.6 points to 128.2 using the 1957-1959 average as a base of 100. This was 0.5 per cent above the June figure. The increase resulted mostly from higher...
- REGIONAL QUARTERLY REPORT. // Survey of Current Business;Jul2012, Vol. 92 Issue 7, p132
The article reports on the performance of state personal income in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2012. It states that state personal income growth increased to 0.8% in the first quarter of 2012 from 0.4% in the fourth quarter of 2011. It notes that inflation, as measured by the national price...
- Construction materials prices still edge down in January. Basu, Anirban // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/23/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p32
The article reports on the decline of the costs of construction materials in January 2009 based on the producer price index (PPI) report released by the U.S. Labor Department on February 19. The prices of construction materials depreciated by 0.3%. The prices of fabricated structural metal...
- Recent Inflation Trends. Clark, Todd; Garciga, Christian // Economic Trends (07482922);Jan2016, p5
The article discusses the objective of Federal Reserve's Federal Open Market Committee on consumer price inflation with the used of price index for Personal Consumption Expenditures. Inflation rates in the U.S. had decreased with this objective for 2015. Topics include forecast of measurement...
- A Message from Arizona Rock Products Association (ARPA). Parker, Brad // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/31/2016, Vol. 277 Issue 13, pA5
The article offers information on the Arizona Rock Products Association (ARPA). It discusses sources of construction aggregates and commitment of the firm to regulatory reform, land planning and addressing community relations issues. It mentions application of Consumer Price Index and need to...