TROTTING AT VINCENNES
- The Amazon is back for a trotting title. Ryan, Pat // Sports Illustrated;07/08/1968, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p46
The article focuses on French-bred trotting Roquepine which will be racing at the 100,000-U.S.dollar-International Race at Roosevelt Raceway. It says that the French Government propagated their well-boned, tall and robust trotters that are crossed with Thoroughbreds but nor with foreign stock of...
- The trotters, once and still a draw at Yonkers. Yurcan, Bryan F. // Westchester County Business Journal;9/3/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 36, p3
The article reports on the horse racing Yonkers Trot held in several Yonkers Raceway in the U.S. The Trot still attracts more people in the racetracks as it was before. It was the prestigious third leg of the "Triple Crown of Harness Racing" in 1955. Empire City at Yonkers Raceway hosted the...
- Off-track parlor race gets interesting down the stretch. Dieter, Mary // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/27/94, Vol. 15 Issue 13, Forefront p9C
Comments on the court hearings on the Indiana Horse Racing Commission's proposed opening of gambling parlors to finance the construction of a thoroughbred race track in Shelby County. Change in choice of site; Request for parlor licenses.
- Racing--horse racing. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/23/94, Vol. 41 Issue 21, Leisure Guide p79
Presents a list of horse racing tracks in Long Island, New York.
- Rillito seeks ways to reverse decline in racing revenues. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;2/27/95, Vol. 4 Issue 48, p12
Reports on the decreased racing revenues at the Rillito Park Race Track in Tucson, Arizona. Randy Summers, general manager of RPRT; Support of the Desert Diamond Casino to the race track.
- Grass is greener, air is cleaner at race park. // Engineered Systems;Feb96, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p27
Reports on the electronic control of secondary air at the Sam Houston Race Track, Houston, Texas. Comments from track engineer Steve Redding; Involvement of CRS Industries control device, CosaTron; Tests carried out on system.
- How to handle the `handle'. Flynn, Jack // New Mexico Business Journal;Jun95, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p93
Reports on the failure of New Mexico's legislature to pass legislation allowing casino gambling at New Mexico's racetracks. Argument that racetracks would not be able to stay in business unless they could run casino operations; Declining `handles' at the tracks.
- You can think of this as an etiquette trifecta. // Adweek Western Edition;1/2/95, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p18
Features the print advertisement for New Jersey's Meadowlands Racetrack created by McQueeny Davis Kohm & Partners.
- The Cost of Insider Trading: Evidence from Defined Markets. Williams, Leighton Vaughan // Economic Issues;Sep99, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p19
Presents a study which examined information efficiency in racetrack betting markets in Great Britain. Tests of market inefficiency; Hypothesis of the study; Conclusions.