A STUDY OF BIAS IN TV COVERAGE OF THE VIETNAM WAR: 1969 AND 1970
- WHAT IS TELEVISION STUDIES? King, Noel // Framework: The Journal of Cinema & Media;1984, Issue 25, p111
The article discusses various reports in this issue, including one by Jeanne Allen on the way it took 20 years to implement television and another by Robert Stam on television news.
- New York Area's Top TV Stations. // Crain's New York Business;9/24/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p23
Presents a chart depicting the top television stations in New York as of September. Name and corporate owner of the stations ; Telephone and web site of the stations; Late news ranking of the stations.
- News is the news at local TV stations. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;10/7/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p3
Reports the growth of advertising rate in local television stations in New York City. Addition of Fox-5's of news programs to its schedule; Overall revenue gained from local news; Reason of stations for charging higher rates for news spots.
- Boom time in Jacksonville. Greppi, Michele // Electronic Media;6/24/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 25/26, p1
Focuses on the state of television broadcasting of news at WJXT-TV in Jacksonville, Florida. Reconfiguration of the newsroom to accommodate news output in the station; Enhancement of the Doppler weather system; Preparations of affiliation switch to television networks.
- Staying power. // Quill;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p6
Reports on ratings obtained by television station KCBD in Lubbock, Texas. Highest ratings in the area due to its long-staying newscast anchor team; Anchor team composed of Karin McKay and Abner Euresti; Television journalism ratings.
- Rock 'em, shock 'em. Wilson, Mike // Quill;Mar94, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p33
No abstract available.
- XETV, KSWB gear up for prime time newscasts. Rodrigues, Tanya // San Diego Business Journal;05/24/99, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p5
Reports that San Diego, California television stations KSWB and XETV are planning to present news at 10 p.m. Targeting of a time slot dominated by KUSI-TV; KUSI's plan to add a 7 p.m. newscast; XETV's featuring of a fast-paced half-hour daily newscast; KSWB's limited release of information...
- TV stations boost morning news programming. Gargaro, Paul // Crain's Detroit Business;10/31/94, Vol. 10 Issue 44, p3
Reports that Detroit, Michigan's television stations are lengthening their early morning newscasts in response to national programming trends. Changes due to baby boomers who are going to bed earlier and rising before dawn to exercise or get the kids ready for school.
- TV weather beat is heating up all over. Galetto, Mike // Electronic Media;04/07/97, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p34
Reports on the increasing focus of television networks in the United States on the weather forecast section of their news programs. Survey by Audience Research & Development showing that television viewers rank weather as the most important newscast item; Launch of workshops on identifying...