A STUDY OF BIAS IN TV COVERAGE OF THE VIETNAM WAR: 1969 AND 1970
- WHAT IS TELEVISION STUDIES? King, Noel // Framework: The Journal of Cinema & Media;1984, Issue 25, p111
The article discusses various reports in this issue, including one by Jeanne Allen on the way it took 20 years to implement television and another by Robert Stam on television news.
- News is the news at local TV stations. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;10/7/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p3
Reports the growth of advertising rate in local television stations in New York City. Addition of Fox-5's of news programs to its schedule; Overall revenue gained from local news; Reason of stations for charging higher rates for news spots.
- Rock 'em, shock 'em. Wilson, Mike // Quill;Mar94, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p33
Discusses WSVN-TV in Miami, Fla.'s style of new reporting. Illustration in its coverage of Tonya Harding by WSVN's John Urchin; Comparison with `A Current Affair' tabloid news show; Comments from station senior Vice President Joel Cheatwood.
- XETV, KSWB gear up for prime time newscasts. Rodrigues, Tanya // San Diego Business Journal;05/24/99, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p5
Reports that San Diego, California television stations KSWB and XETV are planning to present news at 10 p.m. Targeting of a time slot dominated by KUSI-TV; KUSI's plan to add a 7 p.m. newscast; XETV's featuring of a fast-paced half-hour daily newscast; KSWB's limited release of information...
- Ignoring the news of religion. Bozell III, L. Brent // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/15/96, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p6B
Focuses on how the American news networks treat religion. Bias against traditional religion; Survey of network religion coverage.
- Derailing the gravy train. // Broadcasting & Cable;07/19/99, Vol. 129 Issue 30, p78
Editorial. Comments on the attempt of the sales department of Fox's affiliate television station in Chattanooga, Tennessee, to sell positive news reports about area-based companies. Sales attempt as a violation of standards of television journalism.
- Bringing the World to Local TV. Donovan, Sharon // Broadcasting & Cable;06/19/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 26, p18A
Features CNN Newsource, Cable News Network's local news network in the United States. Number of television station affiliates; News-gathering operations.
- Boom and Gloom at News Channels. Breznick, Alan // Broadcasting & Cable;11/22/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 47, p26
Reports on the market status of cable television news channels in the U.S., as of November 2004. Success of local cable news channels in attracting viewers and advertisers; Reasons for the poor performance of some local cable news operations; Factors affecting performance of national and local...
- Despite drops, more magazines. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;11/30/98, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p81
Focuses on the increased number of newsmagazine television programs in the United States in 1998 despite the decline in ratings of existing programs. Lower ratings as reflection of lower rating overall than an indication of viewers' lack of interest in the programs; American Broadcasting Co.'s...