Review: Therapy guided by B-type natriuretic peptide levels reduces mortality in chronic heart failure
- BATTLESCARRED: NT-proBNP-guided therapy improved mortality in older patients with chronic HF. // Cardiology Today;Feb2010, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p23
The article discusses the BATTLESCARRED research on the efficacy of a hormone-guided treatment strategy guided by N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide levels in reducing mortality in patients aged 75 years and older with chronic heart failure (HF), with a reference to a study by J....
- Use of Nesiritide to Treat Acute Decompensated Heart Failure. Hachey, David; Smith, Tony // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2003, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p53
Introduces the human B-type natriuretic peptide Natrecor or nesiritide indicated for intravenous treatment of patients with acutely decompensated heart failure who have dyspnea at rest or with minimal activity. Types of natriuretic peptides; Roles of the peptides; Mechanism of action of nesiritide.
- B-type natriuretic peptide or amino-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide-guided treatment of heart failure: what is the next STEP? Troughton, Richard W.; Nicholls, M. Gary // European Journal of Heart Failure;Oct2011, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p1046
No abstract available.
- Natriuretic Peptide-Guided Therapy in Chronic Heart Failure: A Meta-Analysis of 2,686 Patients in 12 Randomized Trials Savarese, Gianluigi; Trimarco, Bruno; Dellegrottaglie, Santo; Prastaro, Maria; Gambardella, Francesco; Rengo, Giuseppe; Leosco, Dario; Perrone-Filardi, Pasquale // PLoS Clinical Trials;Mar2013, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p1
Background: The role of cardiac natriuretic peptides in the management of patients with chronic heart failure (HF) remains uncertain. The purpose of this study was to evaluate whether natriuretic peptide-guided therapy, compared to clinically-guided therapy, improves mortality and...
- A natriuretic peptide with hemodynamic benefits in patients with acute decompensated CHF. Dunn, Alisha; Chow, Moses S.S.; Kluger, Jeffrey // Formulary;Feb99, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p123
Discusses study findings on the use of the synthetically prepared brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) called nesiritide for the treatment of decompensated congestive heart failure (CHF). Predominant hemodynamic effects of exogenously administered BNP; Incidence of ventricular tachycardia; Most...
- Neseritide. Caron, Michael F.; White, C. Michael // Formulary;Sep2001, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p639
Examines the effects of a brain natriuretic peptide Nesiritide for treating patients with acutely decompensated congestive heart failure. Reduction of pulmonary capillary wedge pressure using nesiritide; Association between nesiritide and arrhythmic events; Need for blood pressure monitoring...
- Focus on omapatrilat. Song, Jessica C.; White, C. Michael // Formulary;Oct2001, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p698
Examines a novel neuval for the treatment of hypertension and heart failure. Inhibition results in elevated natriuretic peptide levels; Dosages of Omapatrilat; Establishment of the efficacy of clinical hypertension trials. INSETS: Background on natriuretic peptides;Formulary considerations.
- Are beta2-agonists responsible for increased mortality in heart failure? Bermingham, Margaret; O'Callaghan, Eleanor; Dawkins, Ian; Miwa, Saki; Samsudin, Shazzarina; McDonald, Kenneth; Ledwidge, Mark // European Journal of Heart Failure;Aug2011, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p885
Aims Previous large-scale, retrospective studies have shown increased mortality in heart failure (HF) patients using ï¿½2-agonists (B2As). We further examined the relationship between B2A use and mortality in a well-characterized population by adjusting for natriuretic peptide levels as a...
- Use Of Recombinant B-Type Natriuretic Peptide In A Patient With Severe Sepsis: Renoprotective? Hutchens, Michael P.; Weinmann, Maxwell // Internet Journal of Emergency & Intensive Care Medicine;2007, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p6
Severe sepsis complicated by acute renal failure has a high mortality. Despite severe clinical implications, a consensus on treatment and/or prevention of ARF in this setting has yet to emerge. As a potent natriuretic, renal vasodilator, and inhibitor of renin secretion, natriuretic peptide is...