Review: Joint lavage does not reduce pain or improve function in knee osteoarthritis
- How effective are nasal steroids combined with nonsedating antihistamines for seasonal allergic rhinitis? Andy, Camille; Thering, Ann // Journal of Family Practice;Jul2002, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p616
The article discusses the efficacy of a combination of nasal steroids and nonsedating antihistamines in treating seasonal allergic rhinitis. Several randomized clinical trials were analyzed to compare the effect of intranasal steroids and oral antihistamines for symptoms such as alleviating...
- Efficacy and safety of gemcitabine-oxaliplatin combined with huachansu in patients with advanced gallbladder carcinoma. Tian-Jie Qin; Xin-Han Zhao; Jun Yun; Ling-Xiao Zhang; Zhi-Ping Ruan; Bo-Rong Pan; Méndez-Sánchez, Nahum // World Journal of Gastroenterology;9/7/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p5210
AIM: To evaluate the efficacy and safety of gemcitabine-oxaliplatin (GEMOX) combined with huachansu (cinobufagin) injection treatment in patients with locally advanced or metastatic gallbladder carcinoma (GBC), and to assess the quality of life (QOL) of such patients. METHODS: Twenty-five...
- Efficacy of an Innovative Aerosol Foam Formulation of Fixed Combination Calcipotriol plus Betamethasone Dipropionate in Patients with Psoriasis Vulgaris. Queille-Roussel, Catherine; Olesen, Martin; Villumsen, John; Lacour, Jean-Philippe // Clinical Drug Investigation;Apr2015, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p239
Background and Objective: The antipsoriatic effect of an innovative aerosol foam formulation of fixed combination calcipotriol 50 Î¼g/g (as hydrate; Cal) and betamethasone 0.5 mg/g (as dipropionate; BD) was explored in order to compare the effect with that of the first-line treatment Cal/BD...
- Randomized Controlled Trial of Etodolac versus Combination of Etodolac and Eperisone in Patients of Knee Osteoarthritis. Kaur, Navjot; Singh, Harinder; Gupta, Avinash Chander // Pain Research & Treatment;2013, p1
Objective. To compare the efficacy and tolerability of etodolac versus etodolac in combination with eperisone in patients of Osteoarthritis knee. Patients and Methods. A prospective, randomized, open label, parallel group, comparative study was conducted in 60 patients of knee OA over a period...
- The effect of tramadol and tramadol + gabapentin combination in patients with lumbar disc herniation after epidural steroid injection. PİRBUDAK, Lütfiye; ÇİÇEK, Hülya; IŞIK, Mustafa; ZER, Yasemin // Turkish Journal of Medical Sciences;2015, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p1214
Background/aim: To compare the effects of tramadol-only treatment and tramadol + gabapentin treatment in patients who had received an epidural steroid injection. Materials and methods: Forty patients with hernia disc-originated acute lumbar discogenic pain were evaluated. All patients received a...
- Infiltrative ophthalmopathy and primary hypothyroidism: a rare clinical manifestation of a common disease. R Rajput // Postgraduate Medical Journal;Jan2009, Vol. 85 Issue 999, p40
The association of infiltrative ophthalmopathy with primary hypothyroidism is uncommon. We describe two such cases manifesting at different times during the course of primary hypothyroidism. The successful outcome of the present cases suggests that the timely addition of levothyroxine treatment...
- 154-6. COMBINING LIPID-LOWERING AGENTS. P.F.C. // Cortlandt Forum;12/20/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p78
Presents a question on the thinking about combination therapy with the statin drugs and Lopid, or gemfibrozil. Increase in the use of this combinations in patient who have both high cholesterol and high triglyceride levels; Importance of monitoring both liver and muscle function carefully.
- CRYSTAL: Cetuximab plus FOLFIRI improved PFS in KRAS wild-type metastatic colorectal cancer. // Hem/Onc Today;4/25/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p9
This article discusses a study which investigated the effectiveness of adding cetuximab to a combination therapy of irinotecan, fluorourracil and leucovorin in reducing the risk for metastatic colorectal cancer progression.
- PILL BURDEN KEY TO DOING WELL. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;May2000, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p281
Analyzes patients participating in triple-drug combination trials. Regimens taken; Findings regarding pill burden.