Canada's health system needs "urgent" reform
- Sweet charity could be a pretty bitter pill. Allen, Jodie T. // U.S. News & World Report;09/18/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 11, p28
Offers details of United States presidential candidate George W. Bush's plan to help the elderly pay for prescription drugs. Assistance to those on Medicare; Estimation of the cost of the plan and how it compares to Vice-President Al Gore's proposal for drug coverage for the aged; Criticism of...
- Health ministries considering CMA's access-to-care proposal. Sibbald, Barbara // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;05/19/98, Vol. 158 Issue 10, p1261
Reports that the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) has responded to the uproar about access to health care with a long-term solution. What the solution proposes; By whom it will be led; Why it is extremely difficult to obtain information on health care waiting times; The need for observational...
- Never too late to talk transformation. Vogel, Lauren // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;2/8/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 2, pE97
The article reports on the efforts of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) to have a national dialogue regarding the health care transformation in Canada through an interactive website, located at www.HealthCareTransformation.ca, and town hall meetings throughout the country.
- FOLLOW 'CANADIAN WAY' TO REFORM HEALTH CARE: HEAL. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;2/3/2015, Vol. 187 Issue 2, p148
The article reports on the decision of the Canadian Medical Association to join a coalition of 39 national health care groups in urging for a return to their conventional way of addressing national health issues via compassion, consensus, and collaboration.
- How you can get involved in the CMA! Araujo, Cherise // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Dec2014, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p427
In this article Canadian physicians are requested to hold positions in the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) for promoting health standard and health care for Canadians.
- New CMA president tackles demographic issues. Sibbald, Barbara // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/8/2015, Vol. 187 Issue 12, p866
The article highlights the agenda of Canadian Medical Association (CMA) president, Doctor Cindy Forbes, to tackle demographic-related health care issues. Among the focus areas of Forbes are seniors' health care, professionalism, pharmacare and medicinal marijuana, nurturing of young physicians....
- Around the CMA. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;5/17/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 8, p980
The article offers information on topics related to Canadian Medical Association (CMA) in 2011 such as the death of Eve Elman, director of government relations of CMA and the popularity of the efforts of CMA to meet members and discuss the need for health care system transformation.
- Panel's recommendations could open privatization floodgates, delegates warn. Vogel, Lauren // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/20/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 13, pE991
The article reports that delegates criticizes Canadian Medical Association (CMA)'s blue-ribbon advisory panel's recommendations for healthcare transformation due to its broad language. They say that the recommendations can be misinterpreted as flooding private, for-profit monetized health care...
- Outgoing CMA president urges united front. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/21/2010, Vol. 182 Issue 13, pE669
The article focuses on the valedictory address of Anne Doig, outgoing President of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), at CMA's 143rd annual general meeting, in which she spoke on the matters that will help improve the health care system of Canada.