Ready for refuel
- Chalk River set to return to production. // Medical Device Daily;6/18/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 117, p7
The article reports on the completion of repairs at Atomic Energy of Canada Limited's (AECL) reactor vessel in Chalk River, Ontario.
- Refurbishment. // Nuclear Plant Journal;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p14
The article reports that the Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd. (AECL) has signed formal agreements with Embalse Nuclear Generating Station operator NucleoelÃ©ctrica Argentina SA (NASA) to work on the refurbishment and retubing of the station's Canada Deuterium Uranium (CANDU) reactor.
- New Brunswick Asks Ontario To Share Point Lepreau Costs. Beattie, Jeff // Energy Daily;8/12/2010, Issue 153, p1
This article reports on the move of the province of New Brunswick to ask the Canadian government to pay some of the growing cost of refurbishing the Point Lepreau nuclear reactor. The provincial government made the move in response to cost over-runs and continued project delays. Provincial...
- Massive bill for cracked reactors. Patel, Tara // New Scientist;9/4/93, Vol. 139 Issue 1889, p8
Reports on the high cost of replacing the cracked Inconel 600 alloy in some of the nuclear reactors of EDF, France's state-owned electricity company. Cracked tubes on reactor lids and heat exchangers; Replacement of the cracked parts with Inconel 690 alloy as recommended by nuclear safety...
- East and West fall out over reactor repairs. MacKenzie, Debora // New Scientist;2/19/94, Vol. 141 Issue 1913, p10
Reports on the plan for the safety improvements of the nuclear reactors in Eastern Europe. Issue of liability for accidents at plants; Responsibility under the 1963 Vienna Convention; Concern by companies on legal action; Pressure from governments; Refusal to sign the convention by some...
- Daimler Goes with Greenkote for Auto Parts. // Products Finishing;Mar2010, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p8
The article announces that global coating technology company Greenkote PLC is providing corrosion protection for selected Daimler automotive parts.
- NDE Corrosion Detection. Plerce, Alan // Tech Directions;May2002, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p11
Focuses on the methods in detecting corrosion. Cost-effective way in determining maintenance needs; Application of the Embedded Corrosion Instruments (ECI) on the concrete during construction; Functions of the ECI.
- Helpful Pubs. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Aug2010, Issue 693, p34
The article presents publications about corrosion prevention and management for military supplies including TB 43-0213 or the "Corrosion Prevention and Control (CPC) For Tactical Vehicles" and AR 750-59 of the "Army Corrosion Prevention and Control Program."
- Radiators in the Rough. Bock, Gordon // Old House Journal;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p37
Presents a technique for dip-stripping radiators.