- Life expectancy and healthy life expectancy of Japan: the fastest graying society in the world. Shinkan Tokudome; Shuji Hashimoto; Akihiro Igata // BMC Research Notes;10/28/2016, Vol. 9, p1
Background: We appraised time trends of Japanese life expectancy (LE) and healthy life expectancy (HALE) by gender, LE-HALE and (LE-HALE)/LE figures, along with the women-men's differences. Methods: Using the Japanese LE and HALE values from 1990 through 2013 by gender in the article by the GBD...
- Canada's changing life-expectancy trends. Buske, Lynda // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;11/01/97, Vol. 157 Issue 9, p1324
Reports on the changing life-expectancy trends in Canada. The change due to causes of death and associated risk factors; Data from the Statistics Canada study; The gap in life expectancy at birth between males and females.
- Health care fact. // AHA News;11/13/95, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p2
Presents trends in life expectancy at age 65 in the United States from 1965 through 1997.
- Short-lived. // Hastings Center Report;May/Jun97, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p46
States that life expectancy in sub-Saharan Africa has been cut almost in half by the AIDS epidemic.
- Life Expectancy In U.S. Reaches All-Time High. // Jet;10/29/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 20, p23
Reports that life expectancy in the United States has climbed to an all-time high of nearly 77 years.
- NCHS annual summary shows drop in life expectancy. Lancashire, Jeff // Public Health Reports;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 109 Issue 6, p827
Discusses provisional data from the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) which show that for the first time since 1980, the life expectancy dropped in the United States; General overview on NCHS data systems; NCHS's `Annual Summary of Births, Marriages, Divorces, and Deaths'; Information...
- Untitled. // Second Opinion;Jan93, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p89
Reports on the rise of life expectancy at birth in the United States from 1900 to 1990. Ranking among countries with low mortality rates; Life expectancy in other countries.
- Long live the policyholder! Levine, Karen // LAN: Life Association News;Apr98, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p45
Focuses on the life-expectancy of Americans, in relation to owning of life insurance. Details on American not buying life insurance policies; Identification of the life-expectancy of women and men in America; Information on the rise in life-expectancy.
- The Julian Period. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p331
No abstract available.