US drinking rates rise
- Tough times mean more boozing. // American Agent & Broker;Sep2010, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p8
The article focuses on the survey from the Gallup Organization which reveals the increasing rate of alcohol drinking in the U.S.
- Gallup reports declines for beer in July survey. // Modern Brewery Age;8/9/2013, Vol. 64 Issue 24, p1
The article offers information on the findings of the market research firm Gallup Organization's annual Consumption Habits poll conducted in July 2013. According the survey, the consumption of beer in the U.S. has decreased with increase in the consumption of wine. It also reports that the...
- Region's planners want you. Gallagher, Patrick; Golden, John // Westchester County Business Journal;9/12/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 37, p12
The article offers news briefs related to politics in New York including an online survey launched by Mid-Hudson Regional Economic Development Council, the opening of Federal Emergency Management Administration's disaster recovery center, and the launching of a campaign against underage drinking.
- Facets of Alcohol. Sharma, Manoj // Journal of Alcohol & Drug Education;2013, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p88
The article reviews the book "Alcohol: lts History, Pharmacology, and Treatment," by Mark Edmund Rose and Cheryl Cherpitel.
- Underage drinking a problem for everyone. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);10/13/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p2
The author focuses on the issue of underage alcohol drinking in the U.S., presenting statistics and offering solutions.
- LIQUOR INDUSTRY CAMPAIGNS FOR MODERATION IN DRINKING. // Ebony;Nov1949, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p40
The article presents information on the campaign of the liquor industry for moderation in drinking in the U.S.
- Liquor Consumption in the United States. // America;9/9/1911, Vol. 5 Issue 22, p506
The article reports an increase in liquor consumption in the U.S. for the fiscal year ending June 30, 1911 based on figures released by the Commissioner of Internal Revenue.
- What, Me Worry? Brandes, Richard // Beverage Dynamics;May/Jun2013, Vol. 125 Issue 3, p6
An introduction to an article about the rise of vodka's percentage of U.S. spirits consumption, published within the issue, is presented.
- Generation M. JARRELL, JAMES RYAN // Wingman;Summer2010, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p21
The article emphasizes the need to educate young people in the U.S. about the dangers of alcohol consumption.