Discrepancies in Saskatchewan CT scan findings
- Are Health Technology Assessments a reliable tool in the analysis of the clinical value of PET in oncology? Who audits the auditors? Højgaard, Liselotte // European Journal of Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging;2003, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p637
Editorial. Examines the reliability of the Health Technology Assessments (HTA) in the analysis of the clinical value of Positron emission tomography (PET) in oncology. Evaluation of promising techniques by HTA before their clinical introduction; Difficulties in the valid evaluation of efficacy...
- Neuroimaging in a memory assessment service: a completed audit cycle. Kuruvilla, Tarun; Rui Zheng; Soden, Ben; Greef, Sarah; Lyburn, Iain // Psychiatric Bulletin;IT61, p24
Aims and method: A clinical audit was used to compare neuroimaging practice in a memory assessment service prior to and 6 months after implementation of guidance, developed from national and European guidelines and adapted to local resource availability, with multislice computed tomography (CT)...
- Paediatric CT dose: a multicentre audit of subspecialty practice in Australia and New Zealand. Jackson, D.; Atkin, K.; Bettenay, F.; Clark, J.; Ditchfield, M.; Grimm, J.; Linke, R.; Long, G.; Onikul, E.; Pereira, J.; Phillips, M.; Wilson, F.; Paul, E.; Goergen, S.; Ditchfield, M R; Grimm, J E; Goergen, S K // European Radiology;Nov2015, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p3109
Objectives:To evaluate paediatric CT dosimetry in Australia and New Zealand and calculate size-specific dose estimates (SSDEs) for chest and abdominal examinations. Methods:Eight hospitals provided data from 12 CT systems for 1462 CTs in children aged 0-15. Imaging...
- The accuracy of pre-appendectomy computed tomography with histopathological correlation: a clinical audit, case discussion and evaluation of the literature. Collins, George; Tan, Tien; Gifford, John; Tan, Andrew // Emergency Radiology;Dec2014, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p589
The increasing use of computed tomography (CT) in acute appendicitis makes recognising the radiological hallmarks of the condition and its mimics vital. The differential diagnosis includes both appendiceal and nonappendiceal pathologies. The correlation between pre-appendectomy CT and...
- Audit in Auchendreich. Douglas, Colin // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);07/04/98, Vol. 317 Issue 7150, p88
Opinion. Focuses on clinical audit committee of the Greater Auchendreich Health Board in Great Britain, while highlighting a meeting of the Board. Reference to the exhibition `Auchendreich and the NHS: Fifty Glorious Years'; Details on the annual report presented the area clinical audit...
- The future of clinical audit: Learning to work together. Teasdale, Sheila // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/7/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7057, p574
Editorial. Comments that clinical audit has become part of everyday life for most health care professionals since 1990. Adoption of different approaches in hospital, community trusts and primary care; Exploitation of clinical audit initiatives across traditional organizational boundaries.
- Audit my shorts. Farrell, Liam // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/28/95, Vol. 311 Issue 7013, p1171
Discusses the image problem of medical audit. Audit competition in a medical journal; Expression of disgust on the necessity of audit after winning the competition; Vicious circle of the audit cycle.
- GP budgets could boost audit funds. // Public Finance;05/31/96, p5
States that health authorities could pay for the audit of general practitioners (GP) fundholders through practice management allowances. Payment of health authorities for work of internal auditors; Health authority agreement of fundholding practices.
- Evaluating healthcare policies: The case of clinical audit. Lord, Joanne; Littlejohns, Peter // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);09/13/97, Vol. 315 Issue 7109, p668
Describes various approaches used in the evaluation of clinical audit. Randomized controlled trials of audit interventions; Before-after studies of clinical audit; Quantitative observational studies of audit programs; Qualitative evaluations of clinical audits; Systems approaches.