Product development partnership
- Sanofi, TB Alliance tie up in TB research. // BioSpectrum;Oct2012, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the research collaboration agreement between the Global Alliance for TB Drug Development (TB Alliance) and Sanofi, aimed at discovering and developing compounds to fight tuberculosis (TB).
- Publicâ€“private partnership tackles TB challenges in parallel. Webb, Sarah // Nature Reviews Drug Discovery;Aug2009, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p599
The Global Alliance for TB Drug Development and Tibotec have joined forces to develop a potential first-in-class drug for both drug-susceptible and drug-resistant tuberculosis.
- Market overlap points to irresponsible use of tuberculosis drugs. Check-Hayden, Erika // Nature Medicine;Jun2011, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p635
The article discusses a study by Global Alliance for TB Drug Development (TB Alliance) which suggested that people with tuberculosis rely on the private market more often than anybody had realized. The study discovered that vast numbers of tuberculosis therapeutics are marketed via the private...
- Straight talk with... Maria Freire. // Nature Medicine;May2008, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p472
An interview with Maria Freire, chief executive officer (CEO) and president of Global Alliance for TB Drug Development, is presented. Freire cites her reason of studying biophysics and her first postdoctoral appointment. She believes the impossibility of the technology being developed by...
- Looking back. FREIRE, MARIA; BALTIMORE, DAVID; GLANTZ, STAN; SCHWARTZ, MICHAEL; VITETTA, ELLEN // Nature Medicine;Dec2006, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p1339
The article focuses on the insights of readers on 2006 medical events that most affected their lives. Global Alliance for TB Drug Development executive Maria Freire cited that the identification of a new strain of extremely or extensively drug-resistant TB served as wake up call for the need for...
- China Pioneers International R&D Center for Global Health. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;4/30/2011, p555
The article reports on the memorandum of understanding signed by the International Scientific Exchange Foundation of China (ISEFC) and the Global Alliance for TB Drug Development (TB Alliance) which aims at creating the world-class organization Global Health R&D Center of China (GHRC) in...
- Greeley to guide organization's resource mobilization and advocacy efforts to meet the needs of the growing TB drug pipeline. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;2/7/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article announces the appointment of David Greeley as Senior Vice President, External Affairs of the non profit organization Global Alliance for TB Drug Development.
- Drugs for neglected Diseases Part 2. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;10/17/2011, Vol. 21, p332
The article discusses the addition to Research & Markets Ltd.'s (R&M) offering for the report "Drugs for neglected Diseases Part 2" by Future Science Ltd. in 2011. It notes that the report offers insights on the benefits of medicinal chemistry efforts to neglected disease research. It also...
- Infectious Diseases News Round-up. // PharmaWatch: Monthly Review;Aug2008, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p20
The article offers updates on drugs developed for infectious diseases by the pharmaceutical companies in the U.S. Aethlon Medical Inc. has initiated the first-in-man clinical study of a medical device to treat the human immunodeficiency virus in AIDS. Global Alliance for TB Drug Development and...