- Artificial ovary mimics real hormone levels. // CME: Continuing Medical Education;May2013, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p184
The article focuses on a study by Emmanuel Opara and colleagues wherein they put two types of hormone-producing cells from rat ovaries inside an algal capsule, then exposed it to chemicals from the pituitary gland that stimulate hormone production.
- Smoking after menopause may increase sex hormone levels. // Endocrine Today;Nov2011, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p7
The article discusses research study on the influence of smoking after menopause on sex hormone levels, by J. S. Brand and colleagues, published in the "Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism."
- Community choice: Skeleton boosts stud quotient. // Nature;3/24/2011, Vol. 471 Issue 7339, p413
The article offers information on the study by Gerard Karsenty at New York's Columbia University and colleagues which shows that the hormone osteocalcin, which is produced by the bone cells called osteoblasts, induces testosterone production of testicular Leydig cells in male mice.
- Oestrogen induces mucoid conversion of Pseudomonas Aeruginosa in women with cystic fibrosis, and increases exacerbations. Hayes, Gemma // Thorax;Jun2013, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p570
The article presents a study which explores the role of oestradiol, a sex hormone, in early mucoid pseudomonas colonisation and increased exacerbation frequency in female patients with cystic fibrosis (CF).
- Romatoid Artritli Kadin Hastalarda Seks Hormon Dï¿½zeyleri. Kazil, H�lya Erg�l; Sent�rk, Banu Arslan; Ipek, Serdar; Bayram, Korhan; �st�ner, F�sun // Romatizma/Rheumatism;sep2007, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p84
Objective: Sex hormones seem to play an important role as modulators and perpetuators of rheumatic disorders with autoimmune involvement such as rheumatoid arthritis (RA). The aim of this study was to investigate the levels of sex hormones in patients with RA. Patients and Methods: In this study...
- Correlations between Maternal Age and Levels of T, SHBG, and FAI. Sowers, M. F. R. // Fertility Weekly;1/11/2010, p6
The article presents a study which examines the correlation of changes in testosterone (T), sex hormone-binding globulin (SBGH) and free androgen index (FAI) with chronological age and final menstrual period (FMP) of women at age 40 in the U.S. Blood and urine samples, hormonal assays and...
- Geography, race influence sex steroid levels in older men. // Endocrine Today;Nov2010, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p26
The article presents information on a study describing the difference between the levels of major circulating androgens, estrogens and sex-hormone-binding globulin in terms of race and region, by Dr. Eric S. Orwoll, professor of medicine at Oregon Health and Science University and published in...
- SEXUAL HORMONES AND PATHOLOGICAL CHANGES IN FEMALE ALBINO RATS RATTUS NORVEGICUSTREATED WITH ABAMECTIN BIOCIDE. KANDIL, RANDA A. // Egyptian Journal of Agricultural Research;2015, Vol. 93 Issue 1(B), p665
Effect of 1/4 LD50 of abamectin biocide was studied on sexual hormones and histopathology of ovary, oviduct and uterus of mature female albino rats, Rattus norvegicus. Follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH), prolactin, estradiol (E2) and progesterone were determined in...
- SHBG Offers Promise for Predicting GDM. Resnick, Helaine E. // Diabetes Care;May2014, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p1171
This article discusses research on the role of sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) in the diagnosis of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM), referencing the study "SHBG Offers Promise for Predicting GDM" published in the current issue of the journal.