FDA hearings leave doctors, patients in limbo on Avandia
- Avandia on Trial. Armstrong, Walter // Pharmaceutical Executive;Jul2010, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p90
The article reports on the possible fate of Avandia (rosiglitazone) for diabetes from GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) on the decision of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the U.S. It mentions that the FDA will hold a meeting in the middle of July 2010 to decide the fate of Avandia which was found...
- FDA Panel: Keep Avandia on Market With Restrictions. // Bioworld Week;7/19/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p1
The article reports on the restrictions made by the panel of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration regarding the type II diabetes drug Avandia (rosiglitazone) from GlaxoSmithKline. It mentions the availability of the drug in the U.S. market despite the warnings and limited use related to heart...
- FDA to take closer look at diabetes drug. O'Connor, John // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Apr2010, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p24
The article reports on the decision of the Food and Drug Administration to examine data and reports on the safety of Avandia, the diabetes drug of GlaxoSmithKline, in the U.S. in 2010.
- Mixed vote on rosiglitazone. Elliott, William T. // Neurology Alert;Sep2010 Pharmacology, p2
The article reports on the mixed vote issued by a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) committee regarding GlaxoSmithKline's rosiglitazone drug.
- Mixed vote on rosiglitazone. // OB/GYN Clinical Alert;Sep2010 Pharmacology, p2
The article reports the mixed decisions of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on the withdrawal of the diabetes drug rosiglitazone by GlaxoSmithKline.
- WEEK IN WASHINGTON. // BioWorld Insight;9/27/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p6
The article reports on the decision of U.S. Food and Drug Administration that GlaxoSmithKline's diabetes drug Avandia or rosiglitazone will stay on the market, but under a tight restricted access program.
- Panel Says Avandia Should Stay. // Chain Drug Review;8/30/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p30
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to continue the marketing of the antidiabetic drug Avadia from GlaxoSmithKline despite evidence that the drug increases the risk of heart attack.
- FDA Panel: Keep Avandia on Market With Restrictions. Young, Donna // BioWorld Today;7/15/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 135, p1
The article reports on the decision of a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) panel to restrict the use of the Type II diabetes drug Avandia (rosiglitazone) in the U.S. market. The panel also warned on possible heart attacks among patients taking the drug, which is manufactured by...
- FDA restricts rosiglitazone use. // Endocrine Today;Oct2010, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p1
The article announces that the U.S. Food and Administration (FDA) will impose limits on the use of rosiglitazone to patients with type 2 diabetes who cannot control their diabetes with other medications.