Pros and cons of first aid training?
- CPR saves lives. Hughes, Elaine // CCPA Monitor;Feb2012, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p15
The article reports on the efforts of Jacques Noel and her daughter, Melissa Noel, to raise awareness on the importance of First Aid training after they have saved the life of a 71-year-old hockey fan who suffered from cardiac arrest by performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Helping Hands. // Stamford Magazine;Jul2012, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p21
The article focuses on the Hands for Life Stamford event which offers CPR training in Stamford, Connecticut on August 25, 2012.
- Do you have 22 minutes? Steiner, Gayle // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p41
The article reports on the CPR training offered in Minnesota for lay rescuers to increase chance of survival and quality of life for those suffering from cardiac arrest.
- Indicators of Response to a Mass Media CPR Recruitment Campaign. Selby, Maija L.; Kautz, Judith A.; Moore, Thomas J.; Gombeski, William R.; Ramirez, Amelie G.; Farge, Emile J.; Forthofer, Ronald N. // American Journal of Public Health;Sep82, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p1039
Respondents a mass media cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) recruitment campaign in Harris, County. Texas were more likely than non-respondents to be While. female, and under 45 years of age, to have had previous CPR training, experienced an incident in which knowledge of CPR might have been...
- Pull Off a Sudden-Death Victory. J. T. // Men's Health;Oct2014, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p142
The article offers step-by-step instructions for performing Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- First Aid for CPR/AED Programs. // Parks & Recreation;May2011, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p66
The article offers information on the health and safety training programs offered by the American Red Cross. It says that the first program is on first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation/automated external defibrillator (CPR/AED) training, which offers a two-year certification and meets the...
- Special holiday Offers on American Red Cross courses, products. // Jackson Advocate;12/20/2012, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p6A
The article offers information on the American Red Cross's first aid and CPR/automated external defibrillator (AED) training classes conducted in Mississippi through January 31, 2013.
- Learn CPR Feb. 14. // Wilson County News;2/7/2014, p11A
The article offers information on a class to be held at the Coastal Bend College in Pleasanton, Atascosa County, Texas on February 14, 2014, in which first aid, life saving techniques and CPR will be taught to participants.
- First aid, CPR, AED Classes scheduled. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);9/17/2014, Vol. 141 Issue 38, p6B
The article offers information on the American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/ Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training offered by Lampasas County Higher Education Center in Lampasas County, Texas on October 18, 2014.