Security's Role in Fire Training in 90 Minutes or Less
- Woodstock '94: Fire planning for large public events. O'Rourke, John J.; Murphy Jr., Jack J. // Fire Engineering;Jan1995, Vol. 148 Issue 1, p74
Focuses on fire safety preparations imposed on the Woodstock '94 event in New York State. Permit requirements; Event schedules; Event organizers' cooperation with the New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control; Fire control equipment; Fire safety operations; Funding difficulties;...
- Fire service responds to northeast ice storm. Downey, Ray // Fire Engineering;Jul98, Vol. 151 Issue 7, p47
Reports on the increase in firefighting activities in the Northeast region of the United States particularly during the winter months. Severity of winter storms that led to President Bill Clinton's declaration of counties as disaster area; Coordination by New York State Office of Fire...
- Fire officer training program. Matty, Dennis R. // Fire Engineering;Feb98, Vol. 151 Issue 2, p14
Highlights the training programs of fire officers in the United States. Components of the training programs; Responsibilities of a fire officer; Information on how fire departments can help in development of firefighters' skills.
- QUICK DRILLS. Grube, Martin C. // Fire Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 154 Issue 2, p16
Presents test drills for firefighters to test their ability to obtain information. Street identification; Bridges and overpasses; Railroad crossings; Helicopter landing zones; Elevator rescue; Car fires.
- Firefighters' fatal error means it can all be over in a flash. // New Scientist;4/27/96, Vol. 150 Issue 2027, p13
Reports on Essex County Fire and Rescue Services' Flashover Training System at Wethersfield airfield in Braintree, Great Britain. Helping firefighters spot the warning signs of an impending flashover; Cause of a fireball; Prevention.
- TRIAL BY FIRE. Battersby, Stephen // Current Science;4/30/2010, Vol. 95 Issue 16, p12
The article offers information on the training undergone by fire fighters in Texas to prevent fires from happening in the area as well as mentions steps on how to stop it.
- Fire inspector training. Corbett, Glenn P. // Fire Engineering;Jun95, Vol. 148 Issue 6, p22
Discusses the training of fire inspectors. Basic training; Trainers and training materials; Refresher and update training.
- PROPER POSITIONING OF APPARATUS. Lopina, Michael J. // Fire Engineering;Oct2001, Vol. 154 Issue 10, p34
Reports the importance of proper positioning of apparatus on the success of fire fighters operation in New York. Advantage of proper staging and vehicle placement; Role of incident commander in eliminating freelancing; Factors contributing to the limitation of fire access.
- UNDERSTANDING FIRE. // Industrial Fire World;Fall2012, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p19
A photo essay is presented which documents the 3-week-long fire training courses at Texas A&M University's Brayton Fire Training Field held by 5 Annual Schools including Spring School, Arson Seminar and Spanish School during summer 2012 in College Station, Texas.