Images to Information Take Video to a New Business Place
- Don't bet against the house. Mohney, Doug // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;8/1/2011, p7
The article looks into the technological developments in casino surveillance systems and the regulations from the Nevada Gaming Commission. It describes the complexity of casino surveillance and how high-resolution technologies have simplified the process of monitoring casino workers and patrons...
- Can a Surveillance Service Really Replace Guards? Engebretson, David // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2009, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p130
The article offers information on the advantage of Eyewitness Surveillance system than compared to guards. It mentions that the system combines the two-way audio option to provide service better than a human guard of which an instance is showed from the company's central monitoring station in...
- Technology Transitions Security Systems from Reactive to Proactive. Adams, William // GEOWorld;Dec2010, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p22
The article focuses on the transition of geospatial technology from reactive to proactive. It states that sensor technology like cameras and perimeter intrusion-detection systems such as seismic, fire, and infrared cameras were used for facility and infrastructure surveillance. It adds that...
- TECHNICAL. WARD, DAVID // FM World;9/19/2013, Vol. 10 Issue 17, p35
The article differentiated between closed-circuit television (CCTV) and wireless intruder detection systems (WIDS) in terms of the best security solution for facilities management (FM). It notes that CCTVs remained as the useful security tool in terms of deterrence and identification of...
- IP Cameras' Image Quality Ensures Fair Play at Casino. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2011, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p121
The article provides a discussion about the Internet Protocol (IP) cameras at Jerry's Nugget Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. It notes that the surveillance cameras at the casino were needed in the slot machine, gaming table areas and in the financial center where chips and tokens are bought or...
- Visimetrics at Portomaso. // Casino International;Sep2008, p52
The article reports that security systems manufacturer Visimetrics will install its digital video tape recorder-based electronic surveillance system at the Portomaso casino. Portomaso is the largest casino on Malta. The system's hardware and software are described.
- Pitfalls to avoid when implementing an IP network surveillance system. // Electrical Solutions (18340644);2010, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p38
The article focuses on the factors to be considered in the implementation of Internet Protocol (IP) network surveillance system to ensure its efficient operation. It states that IP-based video surveillance systems have advantages over analog solutions that are important to effective deployment...
- ANALOG CAMERAS UPGRADED WITH IMPROVED IMAGE PROCESSING. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2011, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p134
The article offers brief information on TK-C9200UA and TK-C9300UA box-style and TK-C2201UA and TK-C2201WPUA fixed-dome surveillance cameras from JVC Professional Products Co.
- Golden Gate adopts full HD surveillance. // Casino International;Dec2010, p48
The article reports on the adoption of the High Definition (HD) IP Video surveillance technology from IndigoVision by the Golden Gate Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada in an attempt to upgrade its casino floor.