Ready to SWOT Yourself?
- Multi-building access needs met in different ways. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct98, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p47
Introduces several multi-building access systems. Software of IEI for retail and fast-food outlets; Hirsch Electronics' door controller with auto-dial firmware; Synergistics' dial-up solutions; Checkpoint Systems' corporate network solutions.
- More than a simple system. Colombo, Allan B. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb99, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p64
Discusses the benefits of electronic access control systems for facilities. Integration features; Ability of system to track time/attendance; Special security functions. INSET: Multiple-purpose electronic key cards..
- ACCESS CONTROL. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov97, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p14
Provides information on the use of electronic access controls (EAC) by corporate, institutional, and government organizations. Increase in the types of EAC technologies; Cards and badges; Photo identification; Security executives' rankings of the most effective EAC.
- ACCESS CONTROLS and LOCKS. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2004 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p43
Presents a list of access controls and locks. Electronic access controls; Card access control systems; Card and card reader equipment.
- Car handle fingers criminals. // Engineer (00137758);10/31/2005, Vol. 293 Issue 7687, p7
No abstract available.
- Asset management, Tracking Are Access Issues. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2000, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p27
Focuses on the growth of interest in asset management and tracking systems. Different forms and approaches to the integration of asset tracking and access control; Convergence of information technology and security management; Increase in the rise of laptop thefts; Three top drivers for asset...
- Access control. // R&D Magazine;Nov2005, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p15
This article presents forecasts on the U.S. electronic access control market for 2005. Electronic access control demand will grow annually through 2009, driven by technological innovation, falling prices, and relatively high crime rates. Biometrics and smart cards will be the fastest growing...
- HOW TO BUY MONITORING SERVICES. O'Mara, Deborah L. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2004, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p61
Provides information on how to shop for a monitoring company. Start by phoning the company; Make a checklist of what to ask; Need to know the number of accounts an signals that the company handle during peak times; Consideration in choosing a central monitoring station. INSET: Before You Buy.
- Outside, Inside PROTECTION. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2005, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p26J
Features the electronic security system at Florida Community College's Deerwood Center and its ability to meet the changing access control needs of the facility. Facility's growth from a former shopping mall to a full-fledged campus; Features and components of the IR Geoffrey system that...