The Power of Connectivity
- LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2007, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p62
The article profiles Kastle Systems Inc., a company that focuses on on-location security system management which is based in Arlington, Virginia. Kastle was established in 1972 to create customized electronic security systems for commercial office buildings. Kastle president Gene Samburg said...
- Diebold Establishes New Electronic Security Headquarters Facility. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2013, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p28
The article reports that Diebold Inc., financial self-service company created an Electronic Security headquarter to centralize its operations and the growth of its electronic security business in Ohio.
- Implementing an Electronic Security Camera Policy. // Bank Security Report;Jan2014, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p2
The article provides a sample for implementing an electronic security camera policy in banks. It details the purpose and scope of an electronic security camera policy. It also discusses the responsibilities of the bank security officer (BSO), the training needed when implementing an electronic...
- Flexible And Functional. Gagvani, Nikhil // Government Security;Aug/Sep2007, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses the merits of intelligent video or video analytics, a computer system which analyzes security video from multiple cameras. Research has found that human operators cannot effectively monitor multiple video over long durations, and a video analytic system would aid security...
- MOTIVATING A SECURITY TEAM. BRIGGS, JOHN // FM World;8/15/2013, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p34
The article offers the author's advice on how to maintain the motivation and alertness of a building's security team. He mentions their role as an effective deterrent and robust line of defence for facilities where interventions such as electronic security access is unsuccessful. He also notes a...
- Today's Security "Game Changers". // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2010, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p34
The article presents the views of several chief security officers and security directors on technologies that make a difference in their security operations in the U.S. Gary Adkins, assistant vice president of security for Sotheby's Art Auction House, says that Sotheby's uses Video Data...
- Panduit to Build Worldwide Corporate Headquarters. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec2007, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p24
The article reports on the intention of Panduit Corp. to purchase a site in Tinley Park, Illinois for its new corporate headquarters. The planned development includes a 250,000 square foot facility in a campus environment. According to John Caveney, chief executive officer (CEO) of Panduit, the...
- False Alarms--False Hope? // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2002, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p8
Editorial. Focuses on the security alarm industry's struggle in the U.S. to reduce false security alarms. Need for proper allocation of resources by the security alarm industry; Impact of false security alarms on the security alarm industry.
- Product Solutions Outdoor Protection. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p8
Features products for outdoor protection chosen by 'Security Magazine' editors. Philips' AutoDome camera; Silent Witness' V294A Angledome wedge style camera; Senstar-Stellar Corp.'s Perimitrax, an outdoor buried cable intrusion detection sensor; Delta Scientific's IP500 portable barriers.