Security Innovations Today and Tomorrow: More Personal, Versatile and Mobile
- New Directions in Natural Language Understanding. Dahl, Deborah // Speech Technology Magazine;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p8
The author examines directions in natural language understanding with the launch of Apple's Siri personal assistant and IBM's Watson system in 2012. According to the author, Siri, Watson, and other advance natural language technologies are paving the way for much more capable and natural...
- Multimodal Wheelchair Control for the Paralyzed People. // Electronics & Electrical Engineering;2011, Issue 111, p81
No abstract available.
- Speech recognition comes of age. Feldman, Samuel M.; Wu, Rongrong // Telephony;9/02/96, Vol. 231 Issue 10, p38
Reports on developments being made on automatic speech recognition technology. Types of speech recognition; Mode of operation; Forces driving speaker-independent recognition as a practical technology.
- Intelligent room responds to verbal commands. Engelke, Roger // Electronic Design;05/01/98, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p28
Focuses on the use of automatic speech recognition technology by researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) for commanding the functions of a computer-operated room. Modular system of software agents comprising the room's core control; Contact information.
- CALLING THE SHOTS: VOICE RECOGNITION. Parry, Roger // Management Today;Jan2010, p48
The author offers his prediction about the continuous innovation of voice recognition technology.
- Voice recognition offers easy data entry for PCs. Nass, Richard // Electronic Design;11/7/94, Vol. 42 Issue 23, p55
Focuses on technological innovations in computer speech recognition. Benefits for handicapped users; Digital signal processor; Problems in recognition system; Increase in capacity of hard disk drives.
- I'M SORRY, I'LL READ THAT AGAIN. Cole, George // Accountancy;May97, Vol. 119 Issue 1245, p52
Focuses on technological innovations in speech recognition as of May 1997. Speech recognition technology's applications in telephone systems; Focus on companies' efforts to develop speech recognition systems. INSETS: SPEECH RECOGNITION IN THE FINANCIAL SECTOR;MOBILE PHONES.
- Technology has found new voice. Yovovich, B.G. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Jul95, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p3
Reports on developments in voice recognition capabilities technology. Maturation of speech-recognition technology; Marketing significance of the development; Companies availing of the market opportunities opened by the technology; Applications of telephone-based speech recognition.
- Computers that can `hear'. Machlis, Sharon // Design News;8/15/94, Vol. 50 Issue 15, p27
Presents information on the use of speech-recognition technology in computers and in applications from automatic navigation to computer-aided design (CAD). Technical information on speech-recognition; Opportunities for speech-recognition technology; Using the technology in computer-aided design...