Live Like a King and Guard My Property
- Homes of steel growing more attractive in a number of ways. Miller, Steven // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);08/18/97, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p22
Focuses on the problem of the increase of vacant lots in New Orleans, Louisiana. Statistical information on the number of lots; Information on the goal to filled the lots with inexpensive but sturdy houses.
- Colorado. // Assessment Journal;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p10
Discusses the factors which qualify real property as `vacant land' in Colorado. Definition of `vacant land' and `minor structures.'
- This rubble-strewn NYS. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/9/94, Vol. 41 Issue 19, p1
Presents a photograph of a New York State (NYS) Department of Transportation dumpsite on a two-acre property on the north side of the Long Island Expressway at Route 110. Proposed suggestion for site.
- Parking it in the big apple. // American Nurseryman;7/1/95, Vol. 182 Issue 1, p12
Reports on New York City's `City Spaces' program which aims to transform vacant lots into temporary parks.
- 60 total bids submitted for Wyandotte home sites. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;04/27/98, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p27
Comments on the nearly 60 bid proposals received for 15 vacant sites offered for sale in Wayne County for construction of single-family homes being analyzed by Wyandotte officials. Identification of the lots; Details on the range of square feet; Comments from director of administrative services,...
- Ode to a vacant lot. Spotleson, Bruce // Las Vegas Business Press;06/23/97, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p4
Presents an anecdote about a vacant lot in Las Vegas, Nevada. Opportunity for children to have a place for playing; Transformation of the land into houses and apartments.
- ACORN: Affordable housing on vacant lots. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;2/27/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the release of a study by the Association of Community Organizations for Reform (ACORN) showing thousands of unutilized vacant lands across New York City. Emphasis on catastrophic health problems caused by vacant lots to residents; Housing problems facing low-income neighborhoods;...
- The Land is Ours--city take over. // Ecologist;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 26 Issue 2, The Ecologist Campaigns & Updates p3
Reports that the `Land is Ours' which supports landrights in Great Britain is planning to transform vacant land in London. Reason; Comments from George Monibot of `The Land is Ours.'
- Where are the vacant lots of yesteryear? Stephenson, Marylee // CCPA Monitor;Feb2014, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p26
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of playing in the vacant lots in Orlando, Florida during childhood.