Gulf oil spill exposes gaps in public health knowledge
- EDITORIAL CARTOON. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;9/6/2010, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p3
An editorial cartoon depicting the effect of the Gulf oil spill on fish is presented.
- NEWS IQ. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;9/6/2010, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p8
The quiz concerning the Gulf oil spill is presented.
- Post-mortem on the Gulf oil spill. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Jan2011, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p19
The article discusses the adverse impact of the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico which resulted to the death of nearly 7,000 animals including sea turtles and birds.
- Keeping Tabs on the Gulf. MCNULTY, IAN // New Orleans Magazine;Jun2013, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p34
The article discusses a study concerning the effect of oil spilled from Macondo exploration well accident to the various wildlife species across the Gulf of Mexico.
- Gulf oil spill disaster latest example in ever-growing list of blunders. Hollis, Paul // Southeast Farm Press;8/4/2010, Vol. 37 Issue 19, p4
In this article the author discusses the issue on the gyphosate-resistant Palmer amaranth pigweed associated with the issue on the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. He is critical on the union of technology and human fallability as the main cause of the problems which added up on the increasing...
- Remarks and an Exchange With Reporters in Port Fourchon, Louisiana. Obama, Barack H. // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/28/2010, p1
The article presents the text of U.S. President Barack Obama's remarks and exchange with reporters in Port Fourchon, Louisiana on May 28, 2010. Obama spoke about the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. He also lauded the efforts of the Coast Guard to clean up the spill and...
- Oil and seafood don't mix. Stehr, Hagen // Ausmarine;Oct2010, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p6
The author offers views on the impact of the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico on marine life, particularly on the bluefin tuna. The Gulf of Mexico is said to be the major spawning ground for a critically endangered species, the bluefin tuna. According to the author, billions of larvae could be...
- SCIENTIFIC TRANSPARENCY AND THE GULF OIL SPILL: WHICH CONSTITUENCIES IS THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION SERVING? Richmond, Martha E. // Race, Gender & Class;2011, Vol. 18 Issue 3/4, p54
During the 2008 presidential campaign, Obama promised to end the Bush administration's approach to science which he characterized as one "where ideology trumps scientific inquiry and politics replaces expert opinion." Obama made a commitment to implement measures ensuring that, as applicable,...
- Crude Awakening. Nijhuis, Michelle // Smithsonian;Sep2010, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p10
An article is presented that discusses the aftermath of the 2010 BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. The spill resulted in a massive environmental disaster that will have long-term effects on the region's environment and ecology. The article discusses how the oil is affecting...