Cost of medical errors
- Reply to position of the practice committee of the American Academy of Acturaries. Whitehead, Selwyn // Journal of Insurance Regulation;Winter97, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p228
Responds to an article by the American Academy of Actuaries in reference to the article in Spring 1997 edition of `Journal of Insurance Regulation' written by the author.
- Actuaries' academy recommends Medicare Trust Fund into balance to avoid the limiting of options. // Insurance Advocate;3/9/96, Vol. 107 Issue 10, p31
Reports that the American Academy of Actuaries sent a letter to Representative Bill Archer recommending the need to bring the Medicare Hospital Insurance Trust Fund program into long-range actuarial balance. Potential solutions to the Medicare program's financial problem.
- Society of Actuaries elects Bolnick as president-elect. // Insurance Advocate;09/27/97, Vol. 108 Issue 38, p20
Reports on the elections held by the Society of Actuaries for officers for the 1997 to 1998 term.
- Buzz off! Greilsamer, Marc // Across the Board;Jan1995, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p62
Cites the `buzzword bingo' contest held by the newsletter `The Actuary,' published by the Society of Actuaries. Criteria.
- Raising Medicare age to 67 would cut deficit only slightly, actuaries conclude. // Insurance Advocate;07/19/97, Vol. 108 Issue 28, p27
Reports that the American Academy of Actuaries has declared the consequences of the US Congress' plan to raise Medicare's eligibility age to 67. Medicare deficit; Costs to employers; Health insurance for early retirees; Solvency of provider sponsored organizations (PSOs); Association health...
- China microsite goes lives. // Actuary;Oct2014, p10
The article offers information on the website of the Institue and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) Fellowship, located at www.actuaries.org.cn, that aims to enhance the group's visibility in China.
- Volunteer to become a CAA examiner. // Actuary;Oct2014, p12
The article reports on the call of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) Fellowship for actuaries who are interest in becoming a certified actuarial analyst (CAA) in Great Britain.
- Join the annual Christmas carol service. // Actuary;Dec2014, p14
The article offers information on the Company of Actuaries' Annual Carol Service which is open to all British actuaries and their families and to be held on December 17, 2014 at St. Lawrence Jewry Church in London, England.
- New Medicare Reimbursement Method Studied By Actuaries Found Sound But Needs Transition. // Insurance Advocate;06/12/99, Vol. 110 Issue 24, p32
Focuses on the stance of the American Academy of Actuaries on the proposed Medicare+Choice reimbursements method. Changes recommended by the academy; Comments from Robert Cumming, member of an academy group that studied the method.