- CMA membership soars. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;2/5/2002, Vol. 166 Issue 3, p362
Reports the number of active members in the Canadian Medical Association in 2001. Percentage increases from previous years; Categories of membership, including students, residents, and practising and retired physicians.
- Stepping down from CIHR. Hébert, Paul C.; Sibbald, Barbara // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/11/2007, Vol. 177 Issue 6, p606
The article presents the response by the editors of the "Canadian Medical Association Journal," to a letter on an article by Wayne Kondro regarding the stepping down of the Canadian Institutes of Health Research's President Alan Bernstein. In the letter Bernstein has presented his reasons for...
- CMA membership enjoys growth spurt in 2000. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;1/23/2001, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p248
Reports on growth of membership in the Canadian Medical Association. How the increase represents more that 1,000 members a year over five years; Proposed reasons for the increase, including aggressive recruiting campaigns and the prominence of publications, such as the 'Canadian Medical...
- CMA considers election and structural reforms. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/11/2007, Vol. 177 Issue 6, p559
The article reports that the Canadian Medical Association's (CMA) Governance Review Task Force will make changes to the practice of rotating and electing the CMA president. It states that since CMA was formed in 1909 all facets of its structure have remained unchanged including the appointment...
- Slovenia Votes On Accession. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/24/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 47, p13
Reports on the decision of the government of Slovenia to vote for its membership in the European Union (EU) and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). Support of major political parties in the country on the EU membership; Attitude of the people towards the membership of the country in...
- Legal. Mandel, Jed R. // Association Management;Dec95, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p20
Presents a legal advice on issues concerning membership in an association. Charging of different dues for different classes of membership; Providing different rights and privileges.
- Recruiting and retention tips for associations. Gilbert, Evelyn // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;7/18/94, Vol. 98 Issue 29, p17
Provides tips for associations on the recruitment and retention of members. Need for survey of members to determine what products and services are valued; Involvement of members in the group as the key to retention.
- Alliance or dilution of strength. Alcorn, Patricia // Association Management;Aug95, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p55
Discusses the issues that are likely to have an impact on the author's association members.
- Untitled. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);5/23/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 21, p7A
A photograph of the members of Chamber of Commerce who have helped fit the bicycle helmets of 72 Third Graders at Bertram Elementary in Burnet, Texas on May 16, 2007 is presented.